Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football

Blog Entries

Johnny Football

After watching Johnny F. Manzeil carve Oklahoma's defense for almost 500 yards by himself (600 yds team) at the Cotton Bowl tonight, I only have one thing to say: Ozzie Newsome, in a couple of years, draft this guy. Make it happen. This guy's nickname is the real deal. He could very well be for the NFL, if healthy and put in a good situation, what Teddy Baseball was for MLB. Plus another Johnny to go down in Baltimore's football history, can you imagine?

Another quick thing. As a Texas A&M Aggie, I can tell you something first-hand: rooting for an offensive juggernaut is FUN.

Blog Entries

Re: Johnny Football

Final official numbers: 516 total yards for Johnny F. (287 yds passing + 229 yds rushing).

There are no guarantees that his game can translate to the NFL. That is true for any college player, by the way. But even if it's hard to imagine a QB juking NFL defenses the way he does in college, the guy has a real accurate arm on the run. He throws against the grain with great precision, plus he would be a threat to break the pocket and tuck it on any given play. I believe this guy will be a nightmare for defensive coordinators in the NFL.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping we're not in any position to draft him, myself.

He is impressive, however.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I'm hoping we're not in any position to draft him, myself.

He is impressive, however.
    That's what trades are for. But I admit it may be hard for the Ravens to get him, if he keeps playing like this.

Let this pipe dream go now. We have a franchise QB and he'll be in the middle of his next contract when Manziel declares in 2-3 years.

I will bet a 1 pair of seats to any regular season game right now to any taker that we not only don't draft him, we pass on him if somehow he's on the board when we pick.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

He'll be the first pick in the NFL draft in two years after winning his 3rd Heisman and 2nd National Championship. He's that good. But thats just a guess obviously.

7. Re: Johnny Football

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    That's what trades are for. But I admit it may be hard for the Ravens to get him, if he keeps playing like this.
    And just who are we supposed to trade?

(as if I don't know :grbac:)

The timing's just not right. The only way it would happen would be for Joe to not be on the team, and the only way that happens is if he bombs in the playoffs and expects top 5 money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    He'll be the first pick in the NFL draft in two years after winning his 3rd Heisman and 2nd National Championship. He's that good. But thats just a guess obviously.
    I wouldn't mind that at all. With a couple of blowout victories over the Longhorns to boot (with apologies to HoustonRavens). :D

Blog Entries

Look, two seasons is an eternity in the NFL. I do hope that Flacco wins the SB this year or the next and this conversation becomes moot. In that case, I would just pull for Manziel not to be drafted in the AFC North or by the Patriots. But Flacco continues to be an enigma, and there's his contract situation. There's no guarantee he will be a Raven in 2014. I think this kind of conversation is fair game for now.

Blog Entries
    If he keeps it up he will be a number 1 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

We probably won't be able to get him even if we tried.