@JAC- 18-26att/comp 227 yds 69.2 comp% 0td 1int 93.7qb rtg
    @NE - 27-50 334 54.0 2 3 47.1
    vs BUF-20-37 240 54.1 1 1 67.2
    @ DET- 24 54 391 60.0 4 3 70.8
    vs TEN-16 34 196 47.1 1 2 50.6
    @ HOU- 13 27 186 48.1 2 0 95.6
    @ KC- 17 35 205 48.6 1 0 76.5
    vs HOU-14 28 191 50.0 2 0 96.0
    That's 13 INTs and 10 TD against some absolutely awful defenses. Even Houston's pass D by season's end was atrocious.

Re: Luck Overrated?

The Colts are 11-5, there has to be some talent on that team. Reggie Wayne is still a top 10 receiver and Fleener has as much talent as any TE out there. Is Torrey that much different than Hilton? No one's saying they're the most talented but they have some players too. If you're gonna give Luck all of this credit then you have to get RG3 just as much. The skins were terrible last year too. Their defense isn't great and Garçon missed half the year with injuries and Orakpo got hurt early in the year.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

I give credit to RGIII too. I think he has a big future ahead of him as long as he stays in a Shanahan offense. With a different coach he'd have a much tougher time.

Can anyone remember a year where 3 rookie QBs were starting in the playoffs? It's pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    yeah, but how many deep bombs are thrown a game to where it alters you're completion % to below 50%?
    FWIW, he's below 60% for all distances, and right around 50% in the 20+ yardage range:

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...tuationalstats

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    The Colts are 11-5, there has to be some talent on that team. Reggie Wayne is still a top 10 receiver and Fleener has as much talent as any TE out there. Is Torrey that much different than Hilton? No one's saying they're the most talented but they have some players too. If you're gonna give Luck all of this credit then you have to get RG3 just as much. The skins were terrible last year too. Their defense isn't great and Garçon missed half the year with injuries and Orakpo got hurt early in the year.

No, I'm sorry, I don't follow that at all. Reggie Wayne MAY still be top 20, maybe. Hilton is a cross between Torrey and Yamon Figurs. Fleener is worse then Pitta, at least to this point, and they had literally no one that could run the ball at all. Their D is Freeney, Mathis and a bunch of our castoff and some PS level players.

Washington was FAR more well equipped to win now. They went all out at WR, including Garcon, and also struch gold with Alfred Morris. They have the number 1 rushing offense and a pretty killer Oline. THeir D may not be top flight, but they are satisfactoruy.

I think, literally every single position group besides QB favors WAS, and yet Indy had a better record then WAS and heck, even BAL.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, I'm sorry, I don't follow that at all. Reggie Wayne MAY still be top 20, maybe. Hilton is a cross between Torrey and Yamon Figurs. Fleener is worse then Pitta, at least to this point, and they had literally no one that could run the ball at all. Their D is Freeney, Mathis and a bunch of our castoff and some PS level players.

Washington was FAR more well equipped to win now. They went all out at WR, including Garcon, and also struch gold with Alfred Morris. They have the number 1 rushing offense and a pretty killer Oline. THeir D may not be top flight, but they are satisfactoruy.

I think, literally every single position group besides QB favors WAS, and yet Indy had a better record then WAS and heck, even BAL.
    Reggie Wayne isn't top 20. He's top 10, maybe top 5. He was one of the best receivers in all of football this year, full stop. I believe Pro Football Focus ranked him as the 2nd or 3rd best WR for 2012. You're also underrating some of their other guys. The Colts 2012 draft class has been one of the best of any team, any year, in recent memory.

Indianapolis' better record is more a function of their easy schedule and luck (not capital L Luck) than anything else.

And regarding the OP... Luck sure has some gaudy stats, doesn't he? I mean, he threw for 4,374 yards! Wowwww! He must be grrrreat!

Want to know how he did it? He threw 627 passes. 5th most in the NFL this year, 14th most of all time. That's 7.0 YPA, 16th (dead average) in the NFL. He only threw a TD on 3.7% of his passes (21st in the NFL) but threw an INT on 2.9% (22nd in the NFL). With his terrible 54.1 completion percentage, that translates to a 76.5 QB rating. Lower than Blaine Gabbert, Nick Foles, Christian Ponder, and Ryan Fitzpatrick (oh, and over 10 points lower than Joe Flacco's.) It's also worse than Flacco's 80.3 rookie year QBR.

I don't mean to minimize Luck, he certainly looks like he's a keeper in the league and he's played well in the clutch, but overall he's been about a league average QB who has a lot of yards because he was asked to throw the ball a ton. That's impressive for a rookie, but calling him top 5, top 10, or whatever (like the media often has) is dramatically overrating him.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    again, I disagree. I think it's far more impressive what Luck did with so little, compared to what RGIII did with what is a VERY good team. Sure, RGIII diddn't throw many picks, because he wasn't often in a position where the team NEEDED him to throw it all game long....

Look at Peyton's rookie year stas with a similar trash Indy team... very similar, except for the wins.

RGIII had the better year, but IMO there is very little doubt Luck will have the better, longer career.
    With all the injuries the Skins had - how the heck can you consider the skins a very good team?? I think RGIII meant as much to them as Luck did to the Colts. JMO...

Indy played in a way weaker division too. Didn't Washington pick 4th initially? RG3 is a HUGE part of their run game and that offensive line was considered a weakness last year. The skins defense is just as bad as the Colts defense also. Everyone says RG3 is only asked to do half of what Luck is so isn't that a compliment to RG3? Can you imagine how good he'll be when he's operating the entire system? Funny how Shanahan is considered a good coach again now that he has RG3. They were ready to run him out of DC last year. I find it hard to believe RG3 put up the numbers he did operating only a few plays.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

I don't think he's overrated. He's thrown for more yards and has a higher QBR than Flacco.

He is good when it counts. That is something many QB's never achieve. If he continues, next year the guy will be even better. I think he is better that RG III.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry but if Luck is overrated according to this board, then Flacco must be too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm sorry but if Luck is overrated according to this board, then Flacco must be too.
    Um, no, because Flacco gets trashed too much to be "overrated."