Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Our boy Pretty Flacco or Tony Romo?

During the AFC Championship game, right before the last drive, I said outloud to a room full of people, "Well Joe, you wanted to show people you the man, now is your chance", and he did it. He got the Ravens to the Superbowl and Lee Evans sent them home. He's shown he can get you there. Inconsistency and all, he got them there, so, I'd rather have Joe, personally.

2. Re: Our boy Pretty Flacco or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It also means Dan Marino should never be in the hall of fame. He is a failure too.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    As are Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts.

THROW THEM ALL OUT OF THE HALL :bag:

This how I see it...

Romo will Dazzle you for 3 quarters of football and fuck it up in the fourth.

Flacco will look average at best for 3 quarters and win you the game in the fourth.

The media/talking heads looks at the stats out of context, the team and fans look at the wins.

I would like to ask this question.

IF this were to happen to another QB in the NFL, who would u most likely see this happen to... Tony Romo or Joe Flacco???

Romo.jpg

My vote is Romo..

Edit - should be the gif of Sanchez Butt Fumble if its not properly working.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    That's your opinion, awesome. What does my age have to do with anything?
    Because your analysis of the two QBs makes you sound like a child.

Look, I didn't watch any football this past weekend. I heard that Dallas lost on a Romo interception late in the 4th quarter and I wasn't in the LEAST BIT SURPRISED. Because Romo finds a way to lose. More often than not, Joe finds a way to win. This isn't even a discussion.
    Last edited by phacts; 01-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindless lemming View Post
    THAT, was HILARIOUS!
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    THAT, was HILARIOUS!
    Of course Big Ben has been playing "Here's the football guys" lately too. THAT has been damn entertaining to watch.

This is how I view quarterbacks: great ones can single handedly carry a team while really good ones can do their part on offense. Flacco is a really good quarterback but not great. He wasn't the reason we lost to the Patriots but wasn't able to just carry us. Great quarterbacks are HOF players. Those guys don't come around often. Good quarterbacks can win Super Bowls so I'm happy with Flacco. Romo, on the other hand, shows flashes of bad, great, good from week to week.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Also, why is this thread titled "Our boy Pretty Flacco"? WTF does that reference or even mean?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

As many people have stated prior, if you want to say Joe Flacco hasn't accomplished anything with annual playoff appearances since joining the league because he hasn't won a SB...please go look back at a man named Dan Marino.

(Not comparing him to Marino, but saying that your argument is crap if you think QBs are crap unless they win a SB)
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Sure, whatever. Fact is Romo is not afraid to throw it to his wrs and risk INT b/c if he doesn't try to make a play they don't win. But he has a worse oline than joe and still makes a ton of plays. Actually I would say cowboys and ravens are a very similar team. Ravens as a team to play a lot smarter which leads to wins. Direct reflection of HC, thank you Garrett for turning us down.
    So our OL is better than Cowboys. What makes you come to that result?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    This is how I view quarterbacks: great ones can single handedly carry a team while really good ones can do their part on offense. Flacco is a really good quarterback but not great. He wasn't the reason we lost to the Patriots but wasn't able to just carry us. Great quarterbacks are HOF players. Those guys don't come around often. Good quarterbacks can win Super Bowls so I'm happy with Flacco. Romo, on the other hand, shows flashes of bad, great, good from week to week.
    No quarterback can single handedly carry a team. Not possible.