Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
As the saying goes, don't hold your breath.

Even if the Ravens win the Super Bowl--and IMHO they have as much chance of getting hot at the right time as anyone else in the dance--those fuckheads will never admit they were wrong. They'll cherry-pick a handful of plays & whine about how lucky our guys were. They'll moan about how lucky they were that this team or that team lost before they got to play them, because they surely would've kicked the shit out of them. They'll moan about how this or that media darling had an uncharacteristically terrible day against them. They'll whine that the Ravens played way over their heads to get Ray a ring in his last hurrah. Anything to avoid giving them any credit whatsoever.

Jeebus cripes, remember what happened in 2001? Baltimore came into the Super Bowl with all the screaming heads spewing hatred for Ray & Billick & Modell & sneering that the Giants (who had stomped a fairly decent Vikings team 41-0 in the NFCCG) would demolish the upstart Crows. And when the smoke cleared & the dust settled & the New Yorkers came within 1 lousy KOR from being the first team to be shut out in a Super Bowl, the response was--stunned silence. Check out the SI coverage: "Baltimore Bullies." "Birds of prey." They acted like they'd just watched their grandma get mugged.

I'm with you in wanting to see the Ravens take the Lombardi, but I'm under no illusions that it'll get them any respect or apologies from the media mouths. It would be enough for me if Ray Lewis got up on the podium, grabbed the hardware, shook it in the media's collective face & told them to shove this up their collective ass as he walked away from the game. (Not that he would, but...
Loba, great post as usual from you. +1