Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    IMO Scott Garceau is the only legit "Radio Voice" on the station. Aside from the odd sucking/slurping spit sound he makes from time to time
    LOL! My office at work is right next to this Uber Engineer nerd's office. I hear him in there talking from time to time and at the end of every third or fourth sentence, he does the "Inhale Slurp" thing like Scott. Annoying as hell!

And if I have to listen to Bob in Parkville recount the glory days, I'm gonna stab myself in the face...
    I don't even mind the stories about the old days. It's the whole know-it-all routine that comes with it. And he takes longer than the longest advertising breaks, too. I know because I flip the station away & come back and he's just getting warmed up on his high horse.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

and If I have to listen to Ed in Arbutus' scripted coach speak rants... I'm going to cut my ears off.
    Ugh, that guy is awful. How pathetic are you in life that 1) you are even calling these shows, but 2) are sitting down for probably an hour to script out a bunch of coach speak as if any of us care?

Haynie is good but from a business standpoint that 1-3 slot was worthless. Why pay talent for it when you can just extend what you already have. Nobody will miss Zinno. Smug prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    He PM'd me too! I had called him out for making boneheaded calls over the PA system during games and he said he only repeats what his "spotters" were telling him in his earpiece and to cut him some slack. LOL!!
    He did the same thing on the Scout board and got ran as well.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I don't even mind the stories about the old days. It's the whole know-it-all routine that comes with it.
    Yes! In fact I like the old stories... to a point. But he is on a high horse. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zckattk View Post
    Ugh, that guy is awful. How pathetic are you in life that 1) you are even calling these shows, but 2) are sitting down for probably an hour to script out a bunch of coach speak as if any of us care?
    haha... And I've heard him call in to more than one show on the same day.

My guess is that the host uses a "Bob in Parkville" call as an opportunity to go refill the coffee or just surf the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I don't even mind the stories about the old days. It's the whole know-it-all routine that comes with it. And he takes longer than the longest advertising breaks, too. I know because I flip the station away & come back and he's just getting warmed up on his high horse.
    He sounds like he's gonna pull a blue veiner every time he calls. He gets so worked up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Burgundy once threatened other members at Sunspot. Pretty funny stuff over there when he couldn't take a little ribbing and his thin skin showed through. He even got banned for his tirade over there.
    Yea, he threatened everyone that criticized him on Sunspot and Scout. They ran him off scout and Aaron was a friend and radio partner. We'd get all these threatening PMs from him. Admin Steve said to just ignore them but it was hard to.

He went berzerk when I threatened to dump my PMs on the desk of his boss to show what an embarrassment he was to the station. I was just joking and fooling around. I could never hurt someone like that but he didn't know that.

The Marty thing started when he had TP of the Squeelers on one morning, the hated TP of the hated Squeelers. He was talking about his good works and the millions he gives away which is nice but he should have had Mason and Birk on who give millions away, not the hated enemy.

So the next day I ran a thread on Sunspot saying he was a traitor and he went berzerk on the show and was pulled off like mentioned.

The next week I went to a Nest 1 meeting and Fread Grau said, you bad ass, you almost got Marty fired. You are going up to his seat and call him a traitor to his face aren't you? I said hell no. I don't want to get beaten up by a midget. Everyone laughed.

I did walk up to Bruce and looked him in the eye and said, hi, Im Trap and that was after
    all his threats. Don't beleive me - just ask Fred Grau and Admin Steve.

But the guy who said we need to get laid was right. Think I give that gal in the pic a call and she's 40 years young than me. That's what happens when I sing Crazy Bitch on Friday nights.

Zinno is god awful. I like Haynie, but he's missing something. I thought he and Rob Long were fantastic together. It was a shame they split them up. I can't stand Cerrato.

Quote Originally Posted by zckattk View Post
    My guess is that the host uses a "Bob in Parkville" call as an opportunity to go refill the coffee or just surf the internet.
    I like the call he made to Terry Ford one Sunday morning and after talking about football for a few minutes, Bob launches into this tirade about the evils of alcohol, and how his wife told him years ago, "It's you or the bottle!" and he hasn't had a drop since. Well, thank you Reverend Bob!

I had a few shots in Bob's honor at the tailgate that day. heh heh...

And while we're at it the Monday Morning QB show on Norris and Davis is unbearable. They try to be funny but just wind up talking over each other constantly. By the time a segment is over and we're on to our next 6 minute commercial break they've spent a total of 2 minutes talking football. It's awful. And the only time Ed Norris shows any emotion in his voice is when they are talking about anything other than sports. I'm sure he likes football but you can tell he could care less about talking about it for 4 hours a day.

Drew Forrester is obviously a knucklehead but the good thing about WNST is they have very few sponsors which means fewer and shorter commercials. That gives Drew more time to have endless silent pauses as he's trying to put a thought together.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I did walk up to Bruce and looked him in the eye and said, hi, Im Trap and that was after
    all his threats. Don't beleive me - just ask Fred Grau and Admin Steve.
    But wasn't he so big and scary?! Everyone someone brought up the internet critics on his show he would say "yea OK I am a lot bigger than them so they would never say that to my face" or something along those lines. That guy is such a jerk off.