Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Getting Abused

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Agree with this assessment other than Geno. I like Geno but if a really good C were sitting there and there was not a guy there you like who could not play the middle of the DL or LT then I would pull the trigger on that C in an instant. I like Geno as depth moving forward to next year, not so happy with the idea of him starting tho. Little risky IMO
    Agreed on all accounts. If you can get an Alex Mack or Nick Mangold, a franchise C in the draft, you definitely take him. But in the very small sample that Geno has provided I was impressed, especially given how much Birk has struggled at times.

2. Re: McKinnie Getting Abused

I take back every post I ever made in support of McKinnie starting over Oher at LT.

Still think Oher belongs at guard, KO should be RT, and it's finally time to draft a real LT.

Blog Entries

A legitimate LT is what's truly holding this offensive line back. If they can find one this off-season, the entire line could fall into place. Oher can return to his strongest position (RT), alongside Yanda. Those two work very well together. Osemele can move to LG, the position he seemed best suited for transitioning to the NFL.

It would then be a matter of who takes over at C, but there would be few downgrades at this point for that spot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A legitimate LT is what's truly holding this offensive line back. If they can find one this off-season, the entire line could fall into place. Oher can return to his strongest position (RT), alongside Yanda. Those two work very well together. Osemele can move to LG, the position he seemed best suited for transitioning to the NFL.

It would then be a matter of who takes over at C, but there would be few downgrades at this point for that spot.
    Oher Gino Yanda in that center of the line would be formidable. I know it's a pipe dream as the coaching staff swears Oher is a tackle. I'm just really glad h'll price himself out next year thinking he's a LT and we can move on.

Just reality setting in, but I'm betting we draft a LT in the middle rounds to groom, they again stick Oher at LT for next year and go with Jah or maybe a FA at LG. They at least figure'd out Harewood was a flop.

Oher is to Harbaugh as Boller was to Billick. That high draft pick force a round peg into a square hole by any means neccissary to save face BS.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Oher Gino Yanda in that center of the line would be formidable. I know it's a pipe dream as the coaching staff swears Oher is a tackle. I'm just really glad h'll price himself out next year thinking he's a LT and we can move on.

Just reality setting in, but I'm betting we draft a LT in the middle rounds to groom, they again stick Oher at LT for next year and go with Jah or maybe a FA at LG. They at least figure'd out Harewood was a flop.

Oher is to Harbaugh as Boller was to Billick. That high draft pick force a round peg into a square hole by any means neccissary to save face BS.
    This seems likely to me as well, unfortunately. I think they draft an OT next year if for no reason other than depth... but Oher will likely keep the job for 2013. He may even be extended if he agrees to a cheap deal.

I don't like Oher at LT and I don't particularly think he's a tackle at all. I don't know if it's confidence or what... but he seems to have a few plays a game where he just doesn't know what to do or gets beat and he just gives up.

He's still an aggressive and tough run blocker, but seeing him stand around watching guys run past him and never really seeming to grasp that he might want to block somebody makes me question if he's just not paying attention to coaching or if he's not getting the coaching he needs (not that an NFL lineman should need to be told to do his job.) He'd be better at guard where the blocking assignments are easier.

I really hope they get Oday Aboushi or Ricky Wagner in the 2nd or 3rd rounds... they're guys who I think would be better LTs than Oher pretty quickly and could force him inside to his natural position.

Blog Entries
    I'd love if they got a natural lt and kicked oher inside to rg. Oher is just not good in space and can't handle speed rushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

honestly i didnt see much of a difference between Oher and McKinnie, besides the run game, which is pretty much a known strength for Oher. I never let one performance be deciding factors and that certainly goes for a game where the #1 goal was leaving healthy. I wont knock either for their performance sunday.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous....
    ummm, not really. Your retort is more ridiculous. If you look VERY closely you can find a few teams in worse position then the Ravens at LT, Bears, Cardinals, and ummmm..... Bushrod is probably worse, but debateable.... ummm....crickets, crickets..... that's pretty much it.

So while Oher might not be the worst, he's at best 25th.

And YES, McKinney looked as terrible as Oher with No effort, but that's with no effort. If the guy had the job all year he may have put in some effort, and some effort is all it would take to be better then Oher, who is simply unfit for the posiionand looks liek a boy amongst men in passblocking.

Look at cats with 16 starts this year, and Oher is comfortably among the very worst in sacks, hits, hurries and penalties, so yeah we're getting crap value from this guy...which also speaks to our crap depth. It's embarrassing.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ummm, not really. Your retort is more ridiculous. If you look VERY closely you can find a few teams in worse position then the Ravens at LT, Bears, Cardinals, and ummmm..... Bushrod is probably worse, but debateable.... ummm....crickets, crickets..... that's pretty much it.

So while Oher might not be the worst, he's at best 25th.

And YES, McKinney looked as terrible as Oher with No effort, but that's with no effort. If the guy had the job all year he may have put in some effort, and some effort is all it would take to be better then Oher, who is simply unfit for the posiionand looks liek a boy amongst men in passblocking.
    well said

Blog Entries

Oher is getting a pretty big pay bump in 2013 compared to 2012. That may be why we have heard about the Ravens wanting to extend Oher after this season. With respect to Oher moving to LG, I think he sees himself as a OT not an OG. Since Oher is clearly unfit to play LT, he would by default be the RT. If the Ravens see Osemele as the RT of the future fore the Ravens, where does that leave Oher? Do the Ravens even resign him, or does Oher think that he can get a better offer elsewhere?

7/29/2009: Signed a five-year, $13.795 million contract. The deal contains $7.8 million guaranteed, including an initial roster bonus of $940,000 and a second-year option bonus of $4.7 million. 2012: $865,000, 2013: $3.085 million, 2014: Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Oher is getting a pretty big pay bump in 2013 compared to 2012. That may be why we have heard about the Ravens wanting to extend Oher after this season. With respect to Oher moving to LG, I think he sees himself as a OT not an OG. Since Oher is clearly unfit to play LT, he would by default be the RT. If the Ravens see Osemele as the RT of the future fore the Ravens, where does that leave Oher? Do the Ravens even resign him, or does Oher think that he can get a better offer elsewhere?
    Oher holds no performance leverage at all.
    His leverage is that he knows the offense, and we have very little experienced depth at any OL position.
    I have no idea what the hell that is worth.