Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Bengals (Pseudo Preseason Edition)

I'm excited to see what the backups can do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    I can't deny that I'm very disappointed by the decision to take the bye. Yeah, maybe they win as the Bengals do the same, but... *shrugs.

Means we head into the playoffs with 4 losses in five.

Feel this is a mistake. However, we'll see how it plays out. We'll see how much Gruden and Zimmer have their minds on the job with HC opportunities potentially round the corner.
    We will see how this shakes out. Best thing for Gruden and Zimmer would be a 50-0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'll say this. Sometimes it is near impossible to believe anything that comes out of John "We're gearing up to win this game like any other game" Harbaugh. Just come out and say you are going to rest everyone for the playoffs so that we don't make plans to go out somewhere with our son to watch a meaningless football game.

At least there will be other games on at Buffalo Wild Wings.
    Well it's not like he lied about anything. I think they will play to win, but with some different players. It will be good to see Tyrod Taylor get some time, as well it will be good to see Pierce get most of the carries today.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

MUCH more important to go on a playoff/SB run with a Healthy team than go all out and win a meaningless game.

Winning this game has No bearing on how they will perform next week, at home, in a playoff atmosphere.

We've seen what this team can do when healthy and that's what we'll need to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Winning this game has No bearing on how they will perform next week, at home, in a playoff atmosphere.

We've seen what this team can do when healthy and that's what we'll need to make a run.
    Yes, we HAVE seen it, and we know that this team is about as streaky and hot and cold as they come.

I don't see how you can say this game has no bearing on the postseason when history tells us the opposite is true.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The Ravens will lose and lose huge, possibly posting a goose egg on offense. The only upside will be that it never hurts to have a chance to evaluate the backups, particularly guys like Gino who might be asked to start next year. I'm disappointed that Doss is out as I would have really liked to see what he could offer as a starter.

I can never support a "play to lose" mentality, even in meaningless games, but I also don't mind giving guys like Suggs a chance to rest. The problem is that even if it's a fuzzy concept, momentum absolutely DOES exist, and they desperately need to grow and expand their momentum, especially on offense. A successful day on the road could be huge to an offense that needs to continue to work out kinks in rhythm and timing. They're squandering an opportunity today.

Blog Entries

Don't really like this approach. The Steelers took this approach vs us in 2007 and they whooped at home the next week by the Jags. I don't like coasting into the post season, teams that do that almost never go all the way.

Blog Entries
    I think it's a smart move and its what I've been expecting all week.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Yes, we HAVE seen it, and we know that this team is about as streaky and hot and cold as they come.

I don't see how you can say this game has no bearing on the postseason when history tells us the opposite is true.
    Not disagreeing with anything you said, esp the hot/cold asspect. But if we're a healthy team and win the WC round at home, I think that momentum in itself eill carry over into the divisional round.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You could go to Hooters so the day wouldn't be a total loss. :)
    Horrible food

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Don't really like this approach. The Steelers took this approach vs us in 2007 and they whooped at home the next week by the Jags. I don't like coasting into the post season, teams that do that almost never go all the way.
    Exactly.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Horrible food
    That's an understatement. Can't stand hooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk