Patriots game plan - do they win or lose on purpose??

Gah I hate this team and LadyBrady....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-b43f89e6e684

The Patriots could once again find themselves in a familiar spot this weekend, where they could go for the win to secure the No. 3 seed, or lose to get the No. 4 seed. If New England prefers a matchup with the Colts over the Bengals, then it wouldn’t be surprising to see them go for the lower seed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Patriots game plan - do they win or lose on purpose??

Though we can do the same exact thing. Actually if you think about it, WE can better control who the Patriots might face in the opening round than they do. The Ravens could rest everyone, lose the game, and the Patriots have no choice but the 3rd seed.

They won't lose on purpose. You're not considering that if Denver and/or Houston loses they could still nab the no. 1 or 2 seed. Why lose on purpose for a four seed when you have a chance to be the top seed? Plus, who cares whether you play the Colts or Bengals at home in the first round? I would be more concerned about whether they would have to play the Ravens at home or in Baltimore if it comes down to them playing each other, so that alone is reason enough to try not to let Baltimore leap frog them in the seeding.

I would put it close to a 0% chance. There's a few reasons why: 1) They can still get the 1 or 2 seed, 2) Even if they did fall to the 4 seed, Denver and Houston could flip flop so they're not guaranteed to play Houston 3) Taking a dive to play one specific team would kind of zap the confidence of the locker room, almost as if you were scared to play the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I would put it close to a 0% chance. There's a few reasons why: 1) They can still get the 1 or 2 seed, 2) Even if they did fall to the 4 seed, Denver and Houston could flip flop so they're not guaranteed to play Houston 3) Taking a dive to play one specific team would kind of zap the confidence of the locker room, almost as if you were scared to play the other team.
    I really don't think after Brady ripped his teammates last week for their effort at Jax that they will come out and tank the last game of the season.

And you're talking about Miami traveling to New England and dealing with the elements that Brady and company are used to playing in.

If you're an NFL bettor, I'd say load up on New England -10 which is probably the easiest money you'll ever make. The game should probably be New England -17 or more.

I think every team seeded below Denver would prefer not to play the second round game in the thin air there.
    Al

Denver is due for a loss.. I think a lesser seeded team is going to New Orleans and hopefully its us.

No way does Bellicheat throw the game. It would be admitting he is scared of Denver. Even if it is true he would not admit to it like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    No way does Bellicheat throw the game. It would be admitting he is scared of Denver. Even if it is true he would not admit to it like that.
    Check the article, it references the last time he did it. Why wouldn't he pull his starters if it gives him the best chance in the tournament? any coach would

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Check the article, it references the last time he did it. Why wouldn't he pull his starters if it gives him the best chance in the tournament? any coach would
    Maybe if he didn't pull his starters he would have beaten the Steelers and won the Super Bowl that. That wasn't exactly a great Steelers team. Belechick has had plenty of chances to do the same thing since and hasn't. He learned his lesson

Nothing BB does surprises me, it's really a matter of wanting to play Houston or Denver in the 2nd round.