Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The fact that Dallas has not signed Norv yet is very intriguing to me.

All reports were he'd land in big D to help Garret with the offensive play calling. Well, those reports have come and gone and not a peep. Nothing.

Maybe Norv is playing an offer from Dallas off of one from the Jets? Or Norv himself has a team in mind and he's riding this out?
    Really wouldn't surprise me if he's waiting for the ravens oc job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Black Monday

The fact that Dallas has not signed Norv yet is very intriguing to me.

All reports were he'd land in big D to help Garret with the offensive play calling. Well, those reports have come and gone and not a peep. Nothing.

Maybe Norv is playing an offer from Dallas off of one from the Jets? Or Norv himself has a team in mind and he's riding this out?
    Norv would be miserable in Dallas. Garrett would meddle too much. He needs to go to the Jets and run the whole offensive side of the show.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Norv would be miserable in Dallas. Garrett would meddle too much. He needs to go to the Jets and run the whole offensive side of the show.
    I doubt a man with an OC resume like Norv is going to go to the Jets and deal with that utter mess of a QB in Sanchez.

He's 60. He's going to want to work with a good QB and doesn't have time to groom another QB. Sanchez would be lost in the Coryell system anyway.

Blog Entries
    And work with buttfumble? Lol

I doubt a man with an OC resume like Norv is going to go to the Jets and deal with that utter mess of a QB in Sanchez.

He's 60. He's going to want to work with a good QB and doesn't have time to groom another QB. Sanchez would be lost in the Coryell system anyway.
    Plus, the odds are high that Ryan only lasts one year. The new GM will likely want his own HC. Also no way the Jets can produce enough with Sanchez at QB to save Ryans job, let alone Sanchez saving his own job.

new GM drafts a new QB this year.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Sanchez doesn't have an arm strong enough to be effective in a dink and dunk offense let alone the AC offense under Norv lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Looks like Bruce Arians will probably follow Telesco to San Diego to be their new HC.
    wow. a year ago he'd been fired from Pigsburgh and considered lucky to hook up with a 2-14 team wi a rookie HC/QB. how the worm turns.
    Stoolers sure made the call there huh?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    wow. a year ago he'd been fired from Pigsburgh and considered lucky to hook up with a 2-14 team wi a rookie HC/QB. how the worm turns.
    Stoolers sure made the call there huh?
    And I wanted Arians as a oc

I don't think the jets, but I agree Dallas might not be on his mind. I would think Dallas is just looking for a front man to run Garrett's offense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think Flacco is intriguing to Norv. Big arm, already gone through the growing pain years, doesn't choke in the clutch, and he only has to improve upon what is mostly in place. If he can get Streeter up to speed, or draft a big body receiver, he's set.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

There are a lot of possibilities for a guy like Norv.

Keep in mind guys:

The Browns, Eagles, Bears, Chargers, and now the Jags do not have HC's. It is probable that they are all waiting for a coordinator to be freed up from the playoffs.

Josh McDaniel, Mike McCoy, Rick Dennison, Wade Phillips, Greg Roman, Tom Clements...hell...maybe even Jim Caldwell.

Mike McCoy and Greg Roman seem like they're definitely going to be hired as HC's somewhere. It is possible that Norv (who may like being in California) would rather go back to San Fran and work as a OC there. Or, perhaps he would want to go to Denver and work with Peyton. I'm sure the Ravens are a possibility, but I'm just saying that there are a ton of moving parts right now. Furthermore, Jay Gruden may get hired away as could Todd Haley. Norv could go a lot of places and run an offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Cowboys targeting Monte Kiffin for their DC. I can see some reasons why; he is the anti- Rob Ryan. Doesn't want to be a HC, won't make bold statements, etc. His D is pretty basic but effective.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!