Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    As head coach? I suppose I wouldn't rule that out, but he didn't leave the Bears on great terms, and why would they replace Lovie with a guy who's just coming off a failed stint as an HC? I would think their sights might be set higher...

I don't see Rivera getting another HC shot right away. I think he's going to need to slide back down to coordinator at least for a few years. Hey, the Harbaugh ties are there--he was the Eagles LB coach from 99-03 when Harbaugh was ST coordinator. I'm sure they had at least some working relationship, although the personal connection isn't really there like with most of Harbaugh's hires.

Pees might be safe anyway at this point, honestly.
    Hmmm... didn't know about the bad-terms bit. In any case, I hope that there's at least some warmth on Pees' seat. I understand he had a lot of injuries, and that we're a spoiled fan base on the defensive side, but the defensive performance this year was pretty hard to take even knowing that...

iggyman555 Guest

i think garrett is gone too

Munchak is safe in TN. Just informed he will return next season.

Norv out in SD .....

@chargers President Dean Spanos announced that GM A.J. Smith and Head Coach Norv Turner will not return in 2013

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Munchak is safe in TN. Just informed he will return next season.
    Money move; he doesn't want to pay two head coaches. and believe me the fan base is not happy...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    As expected: Shurmur and Heckert fired this morning. Romeo Crennell Fired (but not Scott Pioli??). Mike Tannebaum fired (but not Rex??)

So, the Jets are looking for a GM...since Rex has connections with Baltimore, anyone think that Eric DeCosta could be on their radar?
    I feel like DeCosta has turned down more appealing opportunities in the past. He's the heir to Ozzie's throne and unless the Pats come knocking before he ascends, he's with Bmore for the duration.

Blog Entries

College coaches that will get consideration: Steve Sarkisian. I think Oakland offered him the job last year and he turned it down; he may be headed to SD. Also Doug Marrone should get some interest. He's done an outstanding job at Syracuse and was previously the OC for the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Norv out in SD .....

@chargers President Dean Spanos announced that GM A.J. Smith and Head Coach Norv Turner will not return in 2013
    People here have been demanding this for 3 years. Spanos is not well liked at all, and they want the public to help pay for a new stadium. He had to show that he's committed to winning to even sniff a public/private stadium partnership (still a highly unlikely prospect).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    College coaches that will get consideration: Steve Sarkisian. I think Oakland offered him the job last year and he turned it down; he may be headed to SD. Also Doug Marrone should get some interest. He's done an outstanding job at Syracuse and was previously the OC for the Saints.
    What's interesting about SD is that folks here have generally fond memories of Cam. Not saying he'll get a look, but people wouldn't hate it if he returned.

The other thing is that the general sentiment among SD sports talk personalities is that if SD cut Norv loose in season (before we fired Cam) that Norv would already be in Bmore. Personally I would hate it, but barring a Super Bowl berth from the Ravens (thus securing Caldwell as OC if he wants it) I expect Norv to be on the Ravens short list come this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

i think garrett is gone too
    IMO it's more likely they jettison Romo, make some stupid trade to move up and take some other QB that won't pan out.

Blog Entries

Whisenhut out in Arizona...