Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheer Victor Cruz this Sunday

Unfortunately I won't be attending this Sunday's game (my brother and his wife have my tickets), but I think it'd be great if the fans can find a way to cheer for Victor Cruz. What he's done for Jack Pinto's family was extremely classy and moving. Hopefully all you folks who will be attending find a way to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pintos-family/
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Re: Cheer Victor Cruz this Sunday

I commend him for what he's done and is continuing to do.

But no. I won't be cheering for him or any other Giant for 60 minutes on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be attending this Sunday's game (my brother and his wife have my tickets), but I think it'd be great if the fans can find a way to cheer for Victor Cruz. What he's done for Jack Pinto's family was extremely classy and moving. Hopefully all you folks who will be attending find a way to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pintos-family/
    I'll cheer for him Mon-Sat..but not on Sundays

Whilst obviously i want the Ravens to win, I'd love to see Cruz get a TD to dedicate to this kid.

And not just because he's in my fantasy Championship game team!

Blog Entries

Victor Cruz is a quality human being. He met with the family and a ton of other area kids. He spent time with them and even played a little pickup game. That meant more to the community than pretty much anything else that's been done so far. My 6 year old daughter asked for a Cruz jersey. It's the first non-Ravens NFL item she ever wanted and she's definitely getting it. This is the kind of person that all NFL players should look up to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Victor Cruz is a quality human being. He met with the family and a ton of other area kids. He spent time with them and even played a little pickup game. That meant more to the community than pretty much anything else that's been done so far. My 6 year old daughter asked for a Cruz jersey. It's the first non-Ravens NFL item she ever wanted and she's definitely getting it. This is the kind of person that all NFL players should look up to.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Cudos to your daughter for wanting one. I personally love Cruz. He seems like a really good person in all aspects. He acctually reminds me a lot of Ray Rice. Someone who tries to be as involved as they can to help the people in the community and who while they were underpaid for what they have done on the field have never complained about their contract.

Granted Rice finally got his contract but he never once complained about his rookie contract. Cruz is much the same in that aspec.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

But no. I won't be cheering for him or any other Giant for 60 minutes on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'll cheer for him Mon-Sat..but not on Sundays
    I think you guys could use a healthy dose of perspective, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I think you guys could use a healthy dose of perspective, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    And I think you need a healthy dose of the many different ways folks deal with grief and tragedy. And yes, we will have to agree to disagree.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Agreed, I think it's awesome what he and other players are doing. However, it has nothing to do with my reaction to him at the game on Sunday.
    Last edited by bpmurr; 12-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.

I think you should lighten up. You're under the asssumption that I don't care. Nothing could be further from the truth. That gesture by Victor Cruz was very cool. How's that for a healthy dose of perspective.