Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    No, that is the one thing that I truely do love about Flacco.....his durabililty. The man will take his hits and get back up, you have got to love that.
    I strongly agree.

It seems to me as though Flacco and his agent rolled the dice a bit by not coming to an agreement with what the Ravens offered some months ago. Their thinking was probably that a good year by Flacco would give them even more leverage against the front office in addition to what they already had. And that wasn't necessarily a bad strategy on their part.

But, if that is indeed true, there was an element of risk that if Joe had an inconsistent year his value might go down.
    And to this point, you'd certainly have to say Joe has not achieved the hoped-for consistency. So unless he plays lights-out in the next few games, you have to wonder what the Ravens' thinking will be.

FWIW, I don't think Joe is going anywhere. But I'm only 98% certain of that now versus 100% a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    When did I say that? lol people seem to have an issue reading what others say before posting. I said if the Ravens pay Flacco what he asked for in the offseason which was reportedly top 5 money, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league, we can't afford that without letting go of a significant amount of players as well as being unable to sign talented players.
    My mistake. But you think ozzie is going to overpay him and expect another qb to take over and just beast out of the gate all of the sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Is the NFC West really soft? All four of those defenses are good, three of them are in the top 10. They all like to pound the ball, I'd say the NFC West has been more physical through the past two seasons as a whole than the AFC North has been.

I think Alex Smith is tougher than we think, and maybe isn't as DURABLE as Flacco, but to answer the question, yes I think he could survive in this division until we find someone else in the draft. Alex Smith would be purely a stop gap. Matt Flynn, none of us know how durable he is, as he's only started one game in his career.
    The NFC west once upon a time the laughing stock in the NFL but now they have a good division. I give them their props this year. As far as Alex smith being tough I question that slim. No way.he is tougher than flacco.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that we're all saying that Flacco isn't good enough to carry a team that has glaring deficiencies at O-line, Wide Receiver and OC? I mean these are basic things that all teams need to run a offense even remotely successfully on an consistent basis lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Does this team stand a chance of competing without Joe Flacco?
    Depends on who his replacement is.

7. Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that we're all saying that Flacco isn't good enough to carry a team that has glaring deficiencies at O-line, Wide Receiver and OC? I mean these are basic things that all teams need to run a offense even remotely successfully on an consistent basis lol.
    :word

No, you aren't the only one that finds it funny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    :word

No, you aren't the only one that finds it funny.
    What is so funny about it? If the Ravens pay Flacco what he wants, they won't have the cap space to fix other deficiencies. The question isn't "should the Ravens keep Flacco?", it's "at what price should the Ravens keep Flacco?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Yes you are. Because what we have are not "glaring deficiencies". We just have come to the realization that if we are keeping an immobile statue of a quarterback who turns the ball over regularly and stares down his primary receiver we are going to need upgrades. Better quarterbacks could win with what we have had over the past 4 plus seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    So do you think Alex Smith or Matt Flynn will last in this tough division?
    I like Alex Smith got a raw deal with Singletary, under the other Harbaugh just produces period. The AFCN is NOT a tough division anymore. The NFL rules committee got rid of tough football. Smith can run and make plays with his legs unlike Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I like Alex Smith got a raw deal with Singletary, under the other Harbaugh just produces period. The AFCN is NOT a tough division anymore. The NFL rules committee got rid of tough football. Smith can run and make plays with his legs unlike Joe.
    I'm sorry but I am not buying the "let's bring Alex Smith to Baltimore" hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yes you are. Because what we have are not "glaring deficiencies". We just have come to the realization that if we are keeping an immobile statue of a quarterback who turns the ball over regularly and stares down his primary receiver we are going to need upgrades. Better quarterbacks could win with what we have had over the past 4 plus seasons.

An LT who can't handle Speed Rushers (in a time where most teams have one or two)

3 different starters at LG

An older C whose most assuredly gone next year

A struggling (but promising) RT

Receivers that struggle to gain separation

A OC who (FACT) refused to make in-game adjustments

^^^^^All the above are problems that everyone on the board has acknowledge as true but yet we don't have any glaring deficiencies?