Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
Thanks Bmore, I will take a look at them, I don't watch much small school stuff.

So what do you think of TJ Yates btw?
Well, I liked him a lot coming out of North Carolina, he didn't really excel at anything but he played well behind a pretty bad offensive line that gave up a lot of pressure. His mechanics, footwork, etc. are all very good. Average athlete, average arm strength, pretty much average everywhere but with a good head on his shoulders.

I think he could be a success in the league but most of his success last year was a product of Houston's excellent system. I think he has the ability to be about a league average starter but he'll probably be a career backup. I wouldn't trade anything for him, I'd rather just draft a new guy and develop him, I also doubt Houston would let him go for anything but a 2nd or 3rd round pick because they know Schaub is injury prone.

I do want the Ravens to move to a Kubiak/Shanahan type of WCO next year. They already have the zone-blocking scheme in place, but they need better coaches who actually understand how to run it. I think the should clean out the offensive coaching staff and get a new OC who could bring in his own guys like Karl Dorrell out of Houston or Ben McAdoo out of Green Bay. Me personally, I'm kinda done with Flacco, he doesn't have a good WCO skillset and I want the team to either let him go in favor of developing a new QB who can actually play under pressure, or franchise him and draft a guy to develop behind him for a year. But that's just me. I wouldn't want Yates to be that guy though.

The backup QB I would be most interested in right now is Matt Flynn. He showed more in his 2 starts in Green Bay and in the preseason for Seattle than Yates ever has, and I doubt he'd be expensive to trade for or sign if he's released. I also think the only reason he's a backup and not a starter is that Russell Wilson has been insanely good this year, as in best rookie QB of the year.