Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Would love to have Sean Payton in a "Head Coach, Offense" type arrangement and have him bring in a defensive coordinator of his choosing. Harbaugh's limitations are limiting this team. He has shit coordinator, his lack of X and O's knowledge means he can't step in a take over play calling duties, etc.
    Bingo. I was a big fan of Harbaugh until recently. It's become obvious that he's in over his head. Plus, the fact he kept Cameron for so long doesn't sit well with me.

Blog Entries

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Damn, Harbaugh... I used to be the one of like 3 on here against him, now, the mutiny is spreading.

Harbaugh reminds me a lot of Gerorge Siefert. When George had the most stocked team in history, they were like 14-2, and destroyed everyone in the playoffs, finishing with a 55-10 beatdown of the Broncos in the SB, back when it was harder on offenses. His winning percentage with the 49ers - .766 Then he went to the Carolina Panthers - .333 winning percentage. Point is, he was a 'manager'. Good defensive coordinator, but still, a manager. Take talent away and he was below average. Harbaugh seems of the same ilk.

Not that any coach would have an easy time, but I think the window of John's chance at a Raven's Super Bowl slipped out of Lee Evan's hands.

It has been said, he comes from the family of playing not to lose. Today's NFL, that won't cut it. Even at FULL strength at our best under him, the Ravens would have fallen to either the 49ers or the Patriot's in a game like Sunday night because of that mentality.

Plus, I said long ago, what people are waking up to today, decisions were oft made on the side of family and friendship rather than what was best for the team, for the business. I imagine this is where Captain Corporate Bisciotti might start heating up.

Either way, you let Harbaugh finish the season, but more than John, more than Ozzie, the fate and future of the team rests entirely in Steve Bisciotti's hands. Is he going to allow Flacco to break the bank? Strap the team to him for years? Keep Harbaugh and see what kind of plan he has going forward? Tell Ozzie to cut and not resign legends and manage the cap a bit better?

I mean, Steve's biggest move as an owner was firing the only coach to win a Super Bowl here on a gut feeling, how's that gut feeling these days?

I stand by had Billick gotten Flacco and the team Harbaugh had, told Rex to pound sand, he'd have gotten another Super Bowl. But, I imagine Billick's ego and ways were still to maverick for Steve and he wanted his own guy. Well, he got him. Doesn't appear poster boy is going to bring the hardware to Baltimore anytime soon.

I gave Harbaugh 3 years, I think if the Raven's shit the bed and loose the next 3 games, including playoffs, he may be a goner.

p.s. - Where are all the Harbaugh defenders? ASB? What's up dog?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Damn, Harbaugh... I used to be the one of like 3 on here against him, now, the mutiny is spreading.

Harbaugh reminds me a lot of Gerorge Siefert. When George had the most stocked team in history, they were like 14-2, and destroyed everyone in the playoffs, finishing with a 55-10 beatdown of the Broncos in the SB, back when it was harder on offenses. His winning percentage with the 49ers - .766 Then he went to the Carolina Panthers - .333 winning percentage. Point is, he was a 'manager'. Good defensive coordinator, but still, a manager. Take talent away and he was below average. Harbaugh seems of the same ilk.

Not that any coach would have an easy time, but I think the window of John's chance at a Raven's Super Bowl slipped out of Lee Evan's hands.

It has been said, he comes from the family of playing not to lose. Today's NFL, that won't cut it. Even at FULL strength at our best under him, the Ravens would have fallen to either the 49ers or the Patriot's in a game like Sunday night because of that mentality.

Plus, I said long ago, what people are waking up to today, decisions were oft made on the side of family and friendship rather than what was best for the team, for the business. I imagine this is where Captain Corporate Bisciotti might start heating up.

Either way, you let Harbaugh finish the season, but more than John, more than Ozzie, the fate and future of the team rests entirely in Steve Bisciotti's hands. Is he going to allow Flacco to break the bank? Strap the team to him for years? Keep Harbaugh and see what kind of plan he has going forward? Tell Ozzie to cut and not resign legends and manage the cap a bit better?

I mean, Steve's biggest move as an owner was firing the only coach to win a Super Bowl here on a gut feeling, how's that gut feeling these days?

I stand by had Billick gotten Flacco and the team Harbaugh had, told Rex to pound sand, he'd have gotten another Super Bowl. But, I imagine Billick's ego and ways were still to maverick for Steve and he wanted his own guy. Well, he got him. Doesn't appear poster boy is going to bring the hardware to Baltimore anytime soon.

I gave Harbaugh 3 years, I think if the Raven's shit the bed and loose the next 3 games, including playoffs, he may be a goner.

Harbaugh has ran his course here. He's gone after this season. I'll make a charity bet (20 bucks) on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Harbaugh has ran his course here. He's gone after this season. I'll make a charity bet (20 bucks) on it.
    My empty beer glass is named Charity.

Blog Entries

My empty beer glass is named Charity.
    lol I have to admit you were on point about Harbaugh earlier. I just didn't believe it until now. The fact that Bisciotti had to come over Harbaugh to fire Cameron says to me that Harbaugh is done. I don't see Bisciotti or the locker room being happy with Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Good analogy with Siefert. As one of the dregs who migrated from the Sun Forum, I remember your (and my own) outrage after the meltdown at Heinz following the 2010 season. I was truly done with him then. I saw all I needed to see when Pittsburgh tied the game. The look on his face told it all.

I really don't think you'll see Harbaugh given a pink slip. He is Steve Bisciotti's "guy".. first head coach Steve ever hired, and he will get some slack thanks to all the injuries AND the fact that he agreed to fire Cameron.

With that being said, I think you'll see another major house-cleaning on the coaching staff if we lose out and go one-done in the playoffs.. Pees hasn't proved anything and neither have some of our position coaches. And Caldwell? Please.. the guy got a nice reputation for standing on the sidelines watching Manning run the Colts after Dungy left. He has proven ZILCH as a play caller. And Flacco has gotten worse under his tutelage.

Any house cleaning needs to include Ray Ray and Ed Reed. Give them their gold watch and the key to the city or whatever, but kindly tell them they aren't needed any more and that we'll see them at their Ring of Honor ceremony. This team needs to stop pretending that those two dinosaurs are legitimate every down starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good analogy with Siefert. As one of the dregs who migrated from the Sun Forum, I remember your (and my own) outrage after the meltdown at Heinz following the 2010 season. I was truly done with him then. I saw all I needed to see when Pittsburgh tied the game. The look on his face told it all.
    Oh yeah, I remember it well. I drew my line in the sand that day and said he'd never win the big one. I mean it is easy to pick against not winning it all, don't get me wrong. But we were up 21, and as the Steelers crept back into the game, he just sat there, arms folded, staring off into the enevitablity that seemed to pervade the entire sideline, even Ray Lewis. Sorry, you scream, you shout, you get in there faces, inspire, something. Not save it for Danelle Ellerbe for celebrating a TD in preseason.

Where's my Mighty Man Jacket, I feel like we could beat a varsity team... long as we hit them with an sword and a shovel.

I'm not a fan of Harbaugh. I've never been a fan of a manager doesn't know the operational side.

To me Billick is very similar to Seifert, he rode the great defense he had... his offenses stunk. He picked crappy quarterbacks too...

I think Steve's "gut feeling" was more of a punch in the gut when he talked to the locker room and came away knowing that the better half of the team wasn't buying Billick's message anymore.... after all, how many years can an offensive genius run a shitty offense and ask the defense to bail them out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    I'm not a fan of Harbaugh. I've never been a fan of a manager doesn't know the operational side.

To me Billick is very similar to Seifert, he rode the great defense he had... his offenses stunk. He picked crappy quarterbacks too...

I think Steve's "gut feeling" was more of a punch in the gut when he talked to the locker room and came away knowing that the better half of the team wasn't buying Billick's message anymore.... after all, how many years can an offensive genius run a shitty offense and ask the defense to bail them out?
    Belicheck was shit till Brady, what was Walsh without Montana? Hard to succeed as a Head Coach without a decent QB in this league. Ozzie shares blame, but Billick coached that team, he lead that team, to say he road a defense when he took the media on for Ray Lewis is bullshit. To say his attitude wasn't reflected in that team that went into Tennessee and ripped their hearts out is bullshit. He made some mistakes, but look what happened when McNair played 1 good season with us, 13-3. Ain't buying it.

Belicheck was shit till Brady, what was Walsh without Montana? Hard to succeed as a Head Coach without a decent QB in this league. Ozzie shares blame, but Billick coached that team, he lead that team, to say he road a defense when he took the media on for Ray Lewis is bullshit. To say his attitude wasn't reflected in that team that went into Tennessee and ripped their hearts out is bullshit. He made some mistakes, but look what happened when McNair played 1 good season with us, 13-3. Ain't buying it.
    Personnel matter. I get it. But systems matter too, when Montana was down, people like Cavanaugh and Young were able to succeed, when Brady went down, Cassel looked like a stud (how is Kansas working for him?) too.

Billick's offense stunk... I can, the season you brought up, remember that awesome goal interception Mcnair against Indy to cap an otherwise awesome defensive performance to hold the Colts/Manning to no touchdowns....

To your point, Harbaugh had a 12-4 team... but you know why I can't stand him either... he couldn't find a way to win the games against opponents he had no business losing too and his time management/end of the ACCG was horrible. If he had made sure the team was motivated and didn't play to the level of opposition... and won one of those games against the Titans or Seahawks last year... we beat the snot out of the Patriots at our place not theirs.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I really don't think you'll see Harbaugh given a pink slip. He is Steve Bisciotti's "guy".. first head coach Steve ever hired, and he will get some slack thanks to all the injuries AND the fact that he agreed to fire Cameron.

With that being said, I think you'll see another major house-cleaning on the coaching staff if we lose out and go one-done in the playoffs.. Pees hasn't proved anything and neither have some of our position coaches. And Caldwell? Please.. the guy got a nice reputation for standing on the sidelines watching Manning run the Colts after Dungy left. He has proven ZILCH as a play caller. And Flacco has gotten worse under his tutelage.

Any house cleaning needs to include Ray Ray and Ed Reed. Give them their gold watch and the key to the city or whatever, but kindly tell them they aren't needed any more and that we'll see them at their Ring of Honor ceremony. This team needs to stop pretending that those two dinosaurs are legitimate every down starters.
    i dont think you read the article