Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A thought I had...

Matt Flynn with all the right players and scheme can't help a team win a championship. At least Flacco can make all the tough throws. Flynn is comparable to Matt Cassel.

What if Flacco still wants Top 5 Qb pay? Then what do you do? I dont think a new Oc is going to help with his
    fumbles and with that Pic 6 he gave to the Bronco's. The O-line coach need to go, The Wr coach needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Read the post again. He's not one of the worst QBs in the league, he's average. The reason why he's average is that he looks like one of the BEST QBs in the league for a game--or a quarter--and then looks like one of the WORST QBs in the league for a game--or a quarter.

He's consistently inconsistent, and when you put an A+ and an F together, you get what Flacco is: a C to C+.

I just think Flynn is the best option available and he had some success in Green Bay's WCO. Yes, it was only two games, but he didn't look too bad in Seattle during the preseason either. Plus, I really think the thing in Seattle isn't a function of Flynn not being very good, but Russell Wilson being MUCH better than expected. Dude is playing at a really, really, really high level for a rookie, much less a 3rd round rookie.

And regarding Philbin... how good do you really feel about his personnel evaluation? This is a guy who traded away Brandon Marshall leaving a WR depth chart of Brian Hartline, aaand.... some other guys. Oh, and let's not forget, the Dolphins did offer Flynn a contract... it's just that they low-balled him and apparently he didn't like what he saw when he visited there.

I think they can bring Flynn in for only a 3rd or so, and his contract is very cheap. He's the best option for the Ravens to be competitive in 2013, and if he doesn't work out, he's only signed for 2 years so draft a QB in 2014 and let the two of them compete in Flynn's walk year. It's win-win.
    Think you need to read it again. You said that if he plays well over the next few games all that proves is that he is not one of the worst QBs in the leagu which could be taken as you right now, think he is one of the worst QBs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    What if Flacco still wants Top 5 Qb pay? Then what do you do? I dont think a new Oc is going to help with his
    fumbles and with that Pic 6 he gave to the Bronco's. The O-line coach need to go, The Wr coach needs to go.
    Joe has one more year here if he wants that money and continues to perform like he has.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    If Flacco legitimately won't sign unless it is top tiered money...then I think the Ravens should consider a tag/trade scenario. Tag him and shop him to Arizona, Jacksonville, Oakland, Philly, the Jets, etc.

At that point, then I would possibly look at signing a Matt Flynn or someone of that sort.

That said, I just don't think the Ravens have a better option. Flacco gives them the best chance to win and frankly, building around Flacco is a lot easier than finding a new QB who can win games.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    That Cam pitchfork party didn't last long

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    @ESPNStatsInfo: Joe Flacco had a 0.4 QBR today. Flacco is the 1st QB with multiple sub-1.0 QBR games in a season since Mark Sanchez in 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think what we are seeing has anything to do with "getting over" the loss to New England last year and everything to do with the fact that this team has been ravaged by injuries, among a few other things.
    See, I'm not so sure.

The injuries have definitely been a major impact, no doubt. However, this team - all season - has just not had the same spark they had last year. It's weird and I can't fully put my finger on it, but Harbs all the way down to the 2nd and 3rd stringers...they just haven't looked the same.

Special Teams has literally been the only unit that has been playing with a purpose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That Cam pitchfork party didn't last long
    No, he needed to go. He should have gone 2 years ago. Then we wouldn't be in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @ESPNStatsInfo: Joe Flacco had a 0.4 QBR today. Flacco is the 1st QB with multiple sub-1.0 QBR games in a season since Mark Sanchez in 2009.

That's really, really sad.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Whoever calculated that is horrifically incorrect. Are you sure that wasn't for the first quarter or something?

20/40, 254 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT...

That comes out to about a 76 or 77 QBR. Not stellar, but not 0.4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whoever calculated that is horrifically incorrect. Are you sure that wasn't for the first quarter or something?

20/40, 254 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT...

That comes out to about a 76 or 77 QBR. Not stellar, but not 0.4.
    Since it's from ESPN I would assume it's their "Total QBR" thing, not the NFL QBR.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52