Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only problem
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only problem
    Actually he did overthrow a few poeple today and throw behind so he was fairly bad but what has to be said is that the Oline was terrible at those times and it threw him off, when they went no huddle he was much better and when the O line gave him time he was better, he even moved around in the pocket better today I thought. I also saw Manning play poorly in the 1st quarter, hint his O line was letting the Ravens get some pressure, then that changed and he became Peyton again.

Joe may never be the top tier but fix the Oline and a multitude of sins are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona
    I'm sorry I don't see Flacco leaving or leaving to any of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only probylem
    . Couldn't agree more

I would agree with you if Flacco didn't cost the Ravens $14 million next year or $100 million over the next bunch of years. The money is the problem. How are you going to replace that many players on the lines and pay Flacco? They're isn't the cap space for both.
    I think you address those positions in the first couple round of the draft rather than letting him go and overpaying via free agency for line help.

Not suggesting a redo of both lines but rather moving up and getting a stud Oline or Dline guy and then getting another guy in the second who could step in and play at a KO level. Thats doable IMO

You may have to let some guys go you would rather keep like Ray, Ed, Boldin, Leach etc.... tough choices will have to be made. If you get rid of Joe but do not address the lines you may as well let those guys go anyway cause your not winning with a rookie QB or Alex Smith and the lines the way they are currently constructed.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona
    I agree. he has definitely screwed himself with his play over the past month or so. He doesn't have the Ravens by the balls anymore, IMO. They need to blow this thing up and rebuild anyway.

Flacco isn't going anywhere. I think they franchise him. Bring in a QB via draft (3rd round or higher) and a new OC.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I think you address those positions in the first couple round of the draft rather than letting him go and overpaying via free agency for line help.

Not suggesting a redo of both lines but rather moving up and getting a stud Oline or Dline guy and then getting another guy in the second who could step in and play at a KO level. Thats doable IMO

You may have to let some guys go you would rather keep like Ray, Ed, Boldin, Leach etc.... tough choices will have to be made. If you get rid of Joe but do not address the lines you may as well let those guys go anyway cause your not winning with a rookie QB or Alex Smith and the lines the way they are currently constructed.
    They're not winning next year anyway in my opinion. They need to rebuilt. The big question is how to do it and who is the core that you build around? Does Flacco become a an albatross like Palmer was to the Bengals or Vick is to the Eagles? The money is so huge that they better be right.

You either need a cheaper QB and let him grow with expensive pieces around him or an expensive QB who is good enough that you can get away with cheaper talent around him. The latter is what the Steelers and Patriots do. The former is what the Ravens and 49ers have done. Now we're at a crossroads and they really need to decide which road to take for the next 5 years.

Blog Entries

As good as Ozzie has been overall with drafting players, he doesn't have a good track record drafting QBs or WRs. I think he has missed on every QB and WR he has drafted in the entire time the Ravens have been in Baltimore, except for Flacco and Torry Smith. Maybe you could make a case for Stokely, but most of what he did was accomplished after he left the Ravens. That said, the only way I would be interested in retaining Flacco, would be if he agrees to a reasonable contract. Otherwise, franchise him and trade him. Regardless, I would take a long look at Tyler Wilson in the second round next year.

They're not winning next year anyway in my opinion. They need to rebuilt. The big question is how to do it and who is the core that you build around? Does Flacco become a an albatross like Palmer was to the Bengals or Vick is to the Eagles? The money is so huge that they better be right.

You either need a cheaper QB and let him grow with expensive pieces around him or an expensive QB who is good enough that you can get away with cheaper talent around him. The latter is what the Steelers and Patriots do. The former is what the Ravens and 49ers have done. Now we're at a crossroads and they really need to decide which road to take for the next 5 years.
    I agree with you here. I guess my thought is that you already know that Joe can win with good personnel around him. They were a dropped pass away from a SB

If you draft a guy then you have a totally unknown quantity. We saw with Boller that if your QB totally bombs, it does not really matter how good the rest of the team is.

Everyone wants an elite QB, there are only a few though or else the "elite" word has no value. Short of having that "elite" guy, the next best you can hope for is a guy like Joe who can win with the right pieces around him. I think people get so wrapped up in wanting elite they forget that guys who WIN with the right guys around them are very valuable also. Joe has proven with the right pieces he can win. Sometimes the grass is not greener.

Last but not least your odds of throwing stuff against the wall and hoping something sticks are much better at just about every position in the NFL than QB IMO. Joe may not ever be what we wished he would turn into but he has significant value. This team has 9 wins DESPITE everything that has gone wrong, he deserves some credit for that. Its not like Rice (cause of how we have used him) or anyone else on the offense has more to do with that than Joe. Its also not as if the D (injuries) has done much to contribute to that win total.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Could this just be a bad year for Flacco? I'm not riding his junk as much as I was in year's past, but I think the franchise QB search is a roll of the dice. Boller was on other team's radars too. People hyped up Josh Freeman. Rex Grossman was once considered a great QB prospect. People on this board practically NUTTED over drafting Colt Brennan or Colt McCoy. Someone show me the name of a QB available from 15 or later that will SURE FIRE be better than Joe...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Holy crap. Colt Brennan. That's a name I haven't heard in a while.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt