Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Goodell considering expanding playoffs

I'm telling you, this will be the trade off for dropping two preseason games and not going to an 18 game season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Against expanding playoffs anymore. What we have today is just marginal.

I would rather see the 17 game schedule with neutral sites for one game, and two bye weeks.
    How about 18 games? The expanded playoffs would be part of a revamped schedule which would likely add regular season games and remove preseason. Also likely to add a bye. This proposal doesn't stand on its own

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If more playoff games are what the owners want - why not a double elimination tournement with all teams seeded - best to worst - highest seeded team plays the game at home until you get down to the Final game and call that the Goodell Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How about 18 games? The expanded playoffs would be part of a revamped schedule which would likely add regular season games and remove preseason. Also likely to add a bye. This proposal doesn't stand on its own
    Players were too bitchy about 18/2. If NFL went 17/2 with two byes, there would be one less dressed game, a minor hit in attendance, but two more weeks of TV regular season programming.

Keep the playoffs as is. Watered down playoffs is a major reason I don't watch winter sports.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying I agree with it, just that some type of expansion is likely. And we can't keep the same 11 starters on the field as it is now ......

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The whole point having divisions is to create rivals and the reward of a home playoff game. Take away the reward for winning the division, then the NFL should do away with divisions and the top 6 teams in each conference go to the playoffs.

Personally I would like to see them eliminate inter conference play and add more games in the division.
    I don't see how an automatic playoff bid takes away from winning the division.

Sure, being assured a home game is a bigger reward but getting in is far more important.

You wanna see more than 2 games between division teams?

Or did you mean more games within the conference?

I definitely don't like the idea of more division games.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I don't see how an automatic playoff bid takes away from winning the division.

Sure, being assured a home game is a bigger reward but getting in is far more important.

You wanna see more than 2 games between division teams?

Or did you mean more games within the conference?

I definitely don't like the idea of more division games.

PP
    Yeah I meant more games in the conference. But wouldn't be opposed to more games in the division.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

The schedule is perfect, play division rivals home and away. One diviion in AFC, One Division in NFC an the other 2 games vs you division seeding. Cant be anymore fair than that. Having to play Cincy, Cleve or Pitt more than twice would make the season MORE boring.

Blog Entries

I don't want to see the playoff field expanded. If they go for a rerack based on the record, they should switch to two divisions. That will basically accomplish the same thing, without turning it into the farce that is the NBA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The schedule is perfect, play division rivals home and away. One diviion in AFC, One Division in NFC an the other 2 games vs you division seeding. Cant be anymore fair than that. Having to play Cincy, Cleve or Pitt more than twice would make the season MORE boring.
    With the current four division alignment, I think I'd rather see three games against division teams. As it stands now, you can win a division while getting swept in the division. That shouldn't even be mathematically possible.

Blog Entries

Now it's coming out that they didn't really talk about this at all. Maybe Goodell throwing a smokescreen to change the subject from Bountygate lawsuit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sed-last-week/