Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Baltimore Ravens need to be build around Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Flacco thinks that he is a better QB than he really is. I am really beginning to think that the Ravens will franchise Flacco, but that he won't play next season under the franchise tag. The Ravens will either sign him to a reasonable contract (~6 years, $72 million) by the time the draft comes around, or they will trade him.
    If Lee Evans holds onto that ball, we're not having this conversation. So this notion that Joe Flacco cannot carry the team in and through the playoffs isn't completely true. That's my issue with all this talk that Joe isn't this, or isn't that. He was good enough to travel to Foxboro and put the ball in the chest of a receiver in the endzone to win the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If Lee Evans holds onto that ball, we're not having this conversation. So this notion that Joe Flacco cannot carry the team in and through the playoffs isn't completely true. That's my issue with all this talk that Joe isn't this, or isn't that. He was good enough to travel to Foxboro and put the ball in the chest of a receiver in the endzone to win the game.
    Coupled with that game winning drive in Pittsburgh last year, I am dumbfounded people even suggest Joe can't get it done. Get him another second in the pocket, toss in some slants and screens, we have a deadly QB.

The big difference there is that Belechick has Brady. Flacco may make similar money as Brady if gets the contract he wants, but he isn't as good as Brady. Would the Ravens really be that worse off if they were able to trade Flacco for a couple of high draft picks, provided they could get a good young QB like Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson in the draft?
    Dirt1... Have you've seen Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson play? I like Tyler a little better but neither is remotely capable of what RG3 and Luck can do or even Wilson. Do you want Gabbert or Ponder as our QB? Maybe I'd be wrong with them, but I'd much rather try to refine Flacco in a real offense and see what happens.

Blog Entries

What do you people expect?

When were we ever in position to get Flacco a guy like Calvin Johnson? Since Flacco has been here, we have been picking past 20 in every draft, and have had very limited cap space in every year because of the money we are paying a heap of stars we have on this roster.

If you ask me, Flacco has had it far from rough compared to a lot of other QB's who have been drafted in the first rounds. He has an all pro RB that has bailed him out of many games in the past, as well as relying on a top 5 defense every year up to this year. He did have Todd Heap who was a very good tight end even in 08 09 and 2010, and had D Mason, as well as Boldin since 2010 (both former pro bowl players). The main issue is the Oline, which is the one thing our FO has not done a good job of retaining. I think this offseason should be spent rebuilding the Oline, and I have said this in literally every draft/offseason thread.

The Oline is IMO the only hole on this offense. I guess we could have a guy like Calvin Johnson at WR, but do you realize how hard it is to get guys like that?

Blog Entries

Wow, LBeast and I agree! Alert the media!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Oline is IMO the only hole on this offense. I guess we could have a guy like Calvin Johnson at WR, but do you realize how hard it is to get guys like that?
    As hard as getting the QBs that everyone always says Joe needs to be better than...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Please don't misunderstand me. I have always maintained that Flacco is a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl, provided the rest of the team is also strong. He isn't Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, or Roethisberger though. All of thos QBs have carried their teams to victory despite having major deficiencies in their supporting cast. Look at what Brady and Rodgers have been able to do with no name RB, and WRs (Brady), and terrible defenses. Flacco cannot carry a team the way those players have. The Ravens offense still went through Ray Rice last year. Rice is the top offensive weapon on the Ravens, Flacco is #2. You don't pay the second best offensive weapon on your team $100+ million.

Maybe I am just being cynical, but I don't have as much faith in Flacco as you guys do. I think Flacco is an above average QB, but if you make him the focal point of the offense, I think he will let the team down. IMO, Flacco prospers the most when the offense goes through Ray Rice, and he can use play action to get the ball to his receivers. I think the reason the Ravens offense has not taken off is not because they haven't "let Joe loose", but rather the play calling hasn't played to Flacco's strengths. They have run way too many slow developing, low percentage plays, when Flacco does the best when he gets into a rythmn by running more quck hitting higher percentage plays. The Ravens offense may never be as explosive as the Patriots or Packers offenses, because Flacco isn't as good a QB as Brady or Rodgers. Caldwell can bring elements of the Colts offense to the Ravens, but Flacco isn't Peyton Manning either. However, that doesn't mean that the Ravens offense can't be better than it has been. There is still plenty of room for improvement. I am just afraid that the Ravens are going to try and force Flacco to be something that he isn't to try and justify a new contract.
    I totally agree!!!!!! I just hope the front office don't over pay Joe. We need help on d badly like Ed's n Ray's replacements. We shall see

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Dirt1... Have you've seen Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson play? I like Tyler a little better but neither is remotely capable of what RG3 and Luck can do or even Wilson. Do you want Gabbert or Ponder as our QB? Maybe I'd be wrong with them, but I'd much rather try to refine Flacco in a real offense and see what happens.
    I would rather have Flacco as well. Please don't interpret what I am saying as I don't want Flacco as the Ravens QB. It's just at what price do I want Flacco as the Ravens QB. The Ravens have a lot of holes, and they have a great RB that is signed long term. Given that reality, why not continue to feature the RB, and have the QB be the complimentary player, instead of the QB becoming the focal point of the offense? I am all for tying up a large percentage of the cap in the QB, but only if that QB is a big time difference maker that can carry the team. I just don't think Flacco is good enough to warrant that much cap space. Getting a cheaper option (but a good option) at QB, will allow the Ravens to fill many other holes they have on the team. Honestly, I don't know what Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson could do the Ravens offense. I had never heard of Joe Flacco two months before the Ravens drafted him, and they went to the AFC Championship game in his rookie season (despite a ton of injuries), because the rest of the team was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    where this team started fucking up with building around flacco was letting jason brown walk, when you draft your franchise QB you build a foundation for him, you want him protected, sure brown wanted center money but his play HERE deserved it. We had that doundation in JG, GRUBBS,BROWN, YANDA AND OHER JG didn't work outr so they should have drafted true LT. This Oline has been a revolving door for so many years, just ask the colts of the early to mid 2000s what consistency on the Oline means, ask Denver too. You need to protect your franchise QB.
    Really Jason Brown? The one who wanted "guard money" to play center. Just curious. Where is he now? Oh he's sitting right at home. From what I've gathered his phone hasn't exactly been ringing of the hook. Cam Cameron is where you need to start when they decided to retain him after the 2010 season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Really Jason Brown? The one who wanted "guard money" to play center. Just curious. Where is he now? Oh he's sitting right at home. From what I've gathered his phone hasn't exactly been ringing of the hook. Cam Cameron is where you need to start when they decided to retain him after the 2010 season.
    Don't bother debating with him about Jason Brown, he is a Jason Brown guy. I have already told him what you just told him, yet he continues to think that not resigning Brown was a huge problem lol. Matt Birk was a good pick up and he was arguably just as good as what Brown was in 08 in 09 and 2010.

Blog Entries

If you do any reading on Rams forums, you'd find out Jason Brown was a terrible signing by them. Plus look at the fact he's not even playing right now. That says a lot.