Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Love to see Colts sweep Texans, they will have thier handsfull with Luck.
    We win out, Colts sweep Texans (and beat KC), we get the #2 seed, minimum.

We win out, Colts sweep Texans (and beat KC), SF (or Jax or Mia) beats NE, we get #1 seed.

We can always hope.

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ummm. Losing to them in the playoffs the year before. Beating them meant taking 1 game lead and tiebreaker. Both teams went 12-4 last year. I did. Lose that game and then have to go to Pittsburgh down a game and a tiebreaker is very uphill. You aren't serious are you?
    Yes. It was week 1...tell me you honestly went into that game saying, "Playoff positioning is at stake." Again, it was a very impressive win, especially against a team that you are perenially battling for the division.

Funny you mentioned the playoff games against the Steelers. Now THERE would be a statement game...

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    We win out, Colts sweep Texans (and beat KC), we get the #2 seed, minimum.

We win out, Colts sweep Texans (and beat KC), SF (or Jax or Mia) beats NE, we get #1 seed.

We can always hope.
    Is that right? Well, yup, hoping and praying.

Of all the said scenarios, I would think the Ravens winning out as the least likely though :(

Patriots offense seems to have stalled (for now)...maybe the best/last opportunity for the Texans to get back into this game.

BTW, Brady threw 3 TDs in the first half and since I've started watching he has thrown about 5 inaccurate passes where his man was open. Just a reminder that these guys are human to the people who act like "elite" QB's never throw a bad pass.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Purple glasses then.

Got it.
    Ha, what kind of response is this? Really?

I said if someone cheats, that makes that person a cheater, and your reply is that I'm wearing "purple glasses"? That's inane.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Great defense by the Patriots...Texans got the match-up they wanted - Johnson 1-on-1 on the crossing route - and didn't get it done.

Those first 2 plays of the series...positively Cameroneon...

Blog Entries
    Did Houston hire cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, at least their defense has settled down-that is all that can be said for the Texan effort tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Ok...I'll play. Schaub, in a game he (and the entire Texans team) needs to step-up in, does look very pedestrian. Heck...I give Flacco a lot of grief..but in a game that had 10x more pressure, in Foxboro, he stepped up. Schaub? Whether he is pedestrian or not, this game is taking him that much closer to one of those ends of the spectrum.

And my comment on substances was that I don't think the Patriots are getting away with anything that other teams are nor getting away with...maybe they just got unlucky and got caught. Proof? Sure, I'll be right back with it....
    I truly don't give a crap about Matt Schaub or anyone's opinion of him. The greater point I was trying to make is that, in response to Uli's point that Belichick is a proven cheater, you said something like, But is he cheating tonight? I was pointing out that this is absurd logic, because who cares what he's doing TONIGHT? The league caught him cheating once, and evidence pointed toward the fact he had been doing it for years before he was caught.

I brought up Schaub only to make the analogy that just because Schaub is playing poorly TONIGHT doesn't mean he is a poor QB overall. Just as, even if Belichick isn't cheating tonight, it doesn't make him not a cheater, because he was caught cheating. Uli offered a similar analogy but used Bernie Madoff, by saying just because the guy is not ripping people off TONIGHT doesn't mean he's not a P.O.S.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Remember the Patriots aren't this good nor is Houston that bad, the truth is in the middle. Houston has been very lucky this year in wins over Detroit and Jacksonville. They are missing parts on defense as well. Wade Phillips defenses usually good for a year or so, before they tale off. Losing Cushing and Brooks hurts alot. Giving up 35 to JAX at home is a major red flag.

I wish Flacco could sell the play-fake like that to Rice...that would be devistating to defenses.