Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
well im a little confused and maybe you guys can help me here. One of the critiques of Cam is that he is holding flacco back, but at the same time there are others that criticize Cam saying that Rice should be the focus of the offense. If youve got a QB that thinks he should be paid Elite QB money arent you going to want to have the offense centered around him and relying on him passing (a lot) like the guys he wants to be paid like? if it's centered around rice, isnt that basically admitting your QB isnt elite at all and thus should be seen more as a "game manager" and paid accordingly? So at this point in the season, who do you think Jim should center the offensive play calling/scheme around? I'm cool either way with Jim getting promoted, but Im just curious where you think he needs to go with this
What about Warner/Faulk, or Montana/Craig, or Aikman/Smith ? "Elite" QBs can co-exist with "elite" RBs in the same offense. I actually think each makes the other's job easier. But there must be competent play-calling and good chemistry.