Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The offense doesn't need to be overhauled. There's nothing wrong with the Coryell or the players we have to implement it. What has been wrong for the most part is Cameron's limited use of the playbook and his insistence on running it backwards, especially on the road.

Oddly enough, yesterday's game had all the things critics have been pointing at as being necessary. Rice ran it 20 times. As a team, the Ravens rushed more than 30 times, counting Flacco's sneaks. But Cameron didn't adjust after Haslett did, and the offense kept trying to run slow-developing routes on third-and-short situations. You don't force the big play in the Coryell. You pound the rock and take what the defense gives you, and when they try to take that away by creeping up, you put it over their heads. For a while yesterday, it worked well. But after they adjust you have to adjust to that. You can't doggedly insist on doing something despite it's not working.
    Did you see what I was responding too? The notion that the Broncos won't have any clue as to what we're going to do next week, which isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Jim Caldwell is a popular coach among the Ravens' players. Move is being welcomed
    Something that I don't think could be said about Cam.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Hopefully, Caldwell shitcans Andy Moeller too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    This assumes that people will know that happened that way. Even if Bisciotti told Harbaugh to do it, that doesn't mean the players are ever going to know that.
    It would be foolish to tell them otherwise, that's for sure. As a sergeant, I never tell my soldiers I'm being forced to do something from higher that they don't like. I'm the asshole. The commander is the good guy. I once talked a commander into releasing everyone early, and then went out and told them "against my better advice, the commander has decided to let you bums go early today. Apparently, he thinks you worked hard enough."

Blog Entries

The numbers Joe has in no huddle vs. not in no huddle are pretty drastic I think. I forget where I saw the stats yesterday but there was a pronounced difference.

He has already expressed frustration in why they've moved away from it.

6. Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Derrick Mason commenting on Twitter:

"Players makes the O schemes work. What can Caldwell do that cam couldn't?"

"been brewing for a while"

"hiring of Caldwell put wheels in motion for firing Cam"
    fair analysis from Mase. I see this move as trying to catch lightning in a bottle down the stretch.

Cam wasn't coming back next year, so why delay the inevitable?

More concerning to me is the hip flexor injury to Ray Rice. Those always take a couple weeks to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Derrick Mason commenting on Twitter:

"Players makes the O schemes work. What can Caldwell do that cam couldn't?"
    "
    One thing at a time, Mase. One thing at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i wonder what kindas offense Caldwell will be running? I am so excited to see what he will do
    For this year, I doubt there will be a change to the system. They're still going to be running plays from Cam's playbook. It's just more going to be a matter of what plays are called and when.

If Cladwell is retained as the OC, then in the offseason, that's when the real changes would come.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Thinking internally is that things will be streamlined with Joe Flacco with Jim Caldwell operating as OC/quarterbacks coach

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

The hope is that communication will be upgraded with Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator. Hurry-up O expected to return to prominence

I won't peg Caldwell as the savior of the offense, but if I see more crossing routes, slants, rub routes, and throws over the middle I'd be satisfied. Don't change the system but tweak it around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This way they get to see JIm Caldwell up close and personal with the offense.
    Aaron Wilson on Twitter:

"internal thinking is things will be streamlined with Joe and Caldwell"

"hope is that communication will be upgraded - hurry up O expected to return to prominence"

EDIT: see above for direct quotes - I was too slow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hopefully, Caldwell shitcans Andy Moeller too.
    Christmas and New Years on the same day!?!?