Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

From Ravens:
    "Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh has elevated Jim Caldwell to offensive coordinator and relieved Cam Cameron of his duties, it was announced Monday afternoon.

Here is a statement from coach Harbaugh:

“I have made a coaching change, and Jim Caldwell will take over as the offensive coordinator, which includes play-calling duties.

“My charge – our responsibility as a coaching staff – is to maximize the opportunities for our team to win, and we can still reach all of our goals for this season. We have a motto we follow on this team: W.I.N. – What’s Important Now – and what’s important now is to find ways to get better, win the AFC North and advance to the playoffs.

“With our coaches and players, the solution is in the building. We are going to make the most of our opportunities going forward, and this change gives us a better possibility to achieve our goals.

“There is a very human side to this. Cam is my friend, he taught me a lot about coaching, and he is an outstanding coach. Personally, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do as a coach. Cam has been a significant contributor to all of our successes over the past four, almost five, seasons. Deservedly, he is highly-regarded, and we owe thanks to him for what he did for the Ravens.

“It’s not about fair or unfair, right or wrong. My responsibility is to the whole team and what’s best for them right now. We need a change. Our plan and our goals are to win games, win our division and get to the playoffs.

“We have a lot of work to do, and we have the coaches and players in place to achieve our goals this season. We are working on that right now. I’m excited about where we are and where we are going.”

Blog Entries

I wonder what players are not happy about this? I can bet years salary that it aint Joe or Boldin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Lighten up Francis...today is a glorious day, celebrate with the rest of us.
    It is a great day, but bad taste, my opinion.

That aside, I think the offense, the players, and the CROWD this Sunday are going to be really fired up. I am sure the Broncos can't be happy with this development. I don't think wholesale changes are coming on offense, but I do think Joe has a better feel for the game than what Cam't stolen menu from Double T Diner says.

Blog Entries

A few plays in the middle at the right times will keeps drives alive and make us much less predictable.

I would hope we no longer see the lull where we have 3-4 straight 3 and outs because we keep doing the same thing over and over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    From Ravens:
    "Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh has elevated Jim Caldwell to offensive coordinator and relieved Cam Cameron of his duties, it was announced Monday afternoon.

“I have made a coaching change, and Jim Caldwell will take over as the offensive coordinator, which includes play-calling duties.

“My charge – our responsibility as a coaching staff – is to maximize the opportunities for our team to win, and we can still reach all of our goals for this season. We have a motto we follow on this team: W.I.N. – What’s Important Now – and what’s important now is to find ways to get better, win the AFC North and advance to the playoffs.

“With our coaches and players, the solution is in the building. We are going to make the most of our opportunities going forward, and this change gives us a better possibility to achieve our goals.

“There is a very human side to this. Cam is my friend, he taught me a lot about coaching, and he is an outstanding coach. Personally, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do as a coach. Cam has been a significant contributor to all of our successes over the past four, almost five, seasons. Deservedly, he is highly-regarded, and we owe thanks to him for what he did for the Ravens.

“It’s not about fair or unfair, right or wrong. My responsibility is to the whole team and what’s best for them right now. We need a change. Our plan and our goals are to win games, win our division and get to the playoffs.

“We have a lot of work to do, and we have the coaches and players in place to achieve our goals this season. We are working on that right now. I’m excited about where we are and where we are going.”
    good send away speech from Harbs he may be clueless at times but he is all class.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Because the gif is awesome? And accurate?
    100%

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    From Ravens:

You know, to be fair to John, I am going to let him off the hook for not doing this sooner, and in the off season and see what he does from here. I like what he said, it was impactful, personal, and true. I slam the guy at when I feel it necessary, but I must also give him props for not only doing what needed to be done, but doing it right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    This whole board right now:

I am still dying over this!!!LMAO!!!

I'd love to see Caldwell come out and call the end-around play to start the game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    good send away speech from Harbs he may be clueless at times but he is all class.
    Agreed, very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    It is a great day, but bad taste, my opinion.

That aside, I think the offense, the players, and the CROWD this Sunday are going to be really fired up. I am sure the Broncos can't be happy with this development. I don't think wholesale changes are coming on offense, but I do think Joe has a better feel for the game than what Cam't stolen menu from Double T Diner says.
    We'll see. As B-More said, I doubt a totally new system will be installed overnight, so the Broncos defense are going to be well-prepared for what is in store.

As for the Ravens offense. To me it is not about getting fired-up, it is about executing the plays that are called, which has been a problem and was at least their fault as much as the coaches. Hopefully, Caldwell has a better feel for the game and can make better calls that put the players in situations that have an increased chance of success. We'll see.

As for the crowd. Meh...I expect whatever energy we have will get fairly dissipated once Manning marches the Broncos right down the field for a score (which I expect to happen). For the crowd to get and stay in the game, it will have to because the offense is carrying the load (which will be the requirement from here on out). Oh, and can we not defer the kick-off this time if we win the toss?