Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Statistics would argue against you on Oher being a better RT than LT. Oher played admirably well his rookie year. Perhaps had they left him there, he'd be much better.

Also, are the Broncos ONLY going to line up Von Miller over the LT? What about Elvis Dummerville? Do the Giants only have JPP on the field lined up over LT? Does Justin Tuck pose no threat as a pass rusher over the RT? No, of course not.

The point is, if Oher sucks as a pass blocker at LT then he's probably not going to be much better at RT. The difference in the positions is the first step once the ball is snapped. That's my point.
    You nailed it a while back when you said he should be moved inside. I think he would be very good, if not excellent at LG. He's not a tackle imo.

Re: It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

With Yanda out and facing two good pass rushing teams, I'd expect max protection alot in both games. Keeping a TE in, a FB in to block and moving KO to RG and maybe Oher to RT and Mckinney to LT, they could put Mckinney at RT and keep Oher at LT as well. But one thing I bet the ranch on is the extra TE and Rb to chip. Caldwell is coming into a rough situation these next 2 weeks, dont expect shootouts cause it may be more of a ball control offense and Qb protection based scheme. Caldwell is coming in at a time in which the scoreboard might not be lit up, but wins are what matters.