Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

50% of the posts in this thread are on my ignore list.

That is neat.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Oher has almost single handedly cost the Ravens two games in a row. It's time to give him help, IMO keeping a TE in to block or shade the FB on his side. He isnt locking up or locking out and doing his job or this team is 11-2. Apparently Flacco and Oher got into a altercation according to sources. He cant man LT alone.
    Can you substantiate that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Can you substantiate that?
    McGahee told him.

So, no. Like 99% of his posts, he cannot substantiate that.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    How can you say the turnovers weren't his fault? Oher had a part in the fumble, but Flacco has terrible pocket awareness. He has to feel the pressure.

The INT was 100% on Flacco. He didn't recognize the obvious overload blitz. Same thing happened a few years ago against the Steelers. It's inexcusable for a 5th year QB to not recognize such an obvious blitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    He did recognise the blitz on the int. he said in his pressed its an easy play to make, but he had to hold onto it a bit longer than he wanted to.

He knew what was coming, he knew what needed to be done, but he couldn't throw? Why? I'm going to look at the all 22 film later and see just how deep the routes by the WRs were. I bet they were slow long developing routes.

Blog Entries

They could use a 6th lineman every play in at TE and it wouldn't help Flacco's pocket awareness. Flacco's spidey sense is not working.

Move Oher back to Rt.... Thats all the help he needs. They need to practice against that same blitz over and over
    again untill flacco learns to read it and adjust. Take one step up in the freaking pocket sometimes. This guy has all the tools, but just doesn't have the mental aspect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    Move Oher back to Rt.... Thats all the help he needs. They need to practice against that same blitz over and over
    again untill flacco learns to read it and adjust. Take one step up in the freaking pocket sometimes. This guy has all the tools, but just doesn't have the mental aspect.
    Because he doesn't need to be a good pass blocker at RT either, huh?

Did you see Ryan KErrigan getting around KO? That was off the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He did recognise the blitz on the int. he said in his pressed its an easy play to make, but he had to hold onto it a bit longer than he wanted to.

He knew what was coming, he knew what needed to be done, but he couldn't throw? Why? I'm going to look at the all 22 film later and see just how deep the routes by the WRs were. I bet they were slow long developing routes.
    Yeah, for all those saying "Joe is too stupid to recognize the blitz!" that's clearly not the case. He knows what's happening. Part of the problem is the long routes/lack of hot reads on a lot of plays.

Another thing that's going unnoticed--why does this team ALWAYS break the huddle with 12 seconds left on the clock? Earlier in the game Flacco had to burn a TO because they took forever to get up to the line and he had no time to adjust the protections. I'm sure he caught hell for that, so why in the world wouldn't they get the call in a little quicker to give him more time to make adjustments?

You always have to look at the context... and in this context, as usual, the deck was stacked against offensive success by coaching failures.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because he doesn't need to be a good pass blocker at RT either, huh?

Did you see Ryan KErrigan getting around KO? That was off the right side.
    Oher plays better as a Rt.. He is not a Lt. Move KO inside to guard. and Put Big snack back at Lt. With Yanda hurt,
    what other choice do we have. The next 2 teams have a nasty pass rush. Do you really want Oher at Lt againts
    that.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

Either Torrey or Ray was open at the goal line in the middle of the field after running a little post pattern. If the ball was thrown with any amount of timing it's an easy touchdown. But for whatever reason, Joe held the ball way too long. As I watched the play develop I noticed immediately how open the receiver was and that a crisp timing pass gets a TD. Joe was too slow...as usual. You can point to that play as a prime example why Flacco is not and may not ever be an elite quarterback. I'm thinking a more appropriate moniker than Joe Cool would be Slow Joe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    Oher plays better as a Rt.. He is not a Lt. Move KO inside to guard. and Put Big snack back at Lt. With Yanda hurt,
    what other choice do we have. The next 2 teams have a nasty pass rush. Do you really want Oher at Lt againts
    that.
    Statistics would argue against you on Oher being a better RT than LT. Oher played admirably well his rookie year. Perhaps had they left him there, he'd be much better.

Also, are the Broncos ONLY going to line up Von Miller over the LT? What about Elvis Dummerville? Do the Giants only have JPP on the field lined up over LT? Does Justin Tuck pose no threat as a pass rusher over the RT? No, of course not.

The point is, if Oher sucks as a pass blocker at LT then he's probably not going to be much better at RT. The difference in the positions is the first step once the ball is snapped. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    This. As soon as I saw the empty backfield I thought the exact same thing. Our biggest weapon is Rice. Without him in the backfield you rush 6 automatically. You can still cover every receiver, and with the O line spread as it was, someone always gets through. Run a stunt and chances are two get through. An absolutely terrible formation for us, with our shakey O line and "I can't get no" separation receivers.
    We think alike, most important thing in football is QB protection and giving him options. That play made for Joe to have a about a 1-2 second window. He threw as he was hit, the only other thing he could do was fall to the ground after seeing pressure in the pocket to preserve the FG chance. Just horrible play design, never had a chance or did Joe. NO QB's are going to do well with a free blitzer and no RB to chip. Cameron blew this call. It never had a chance to be converted.