Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
OUTSTANDING!

This post has inspired me to add a new feature to the front end of the site that we'll call "Message Board Star" and we'll post as a blog forum posts that just stand out...and this one did.

Here's the link

Thanks Lobachevsky!!!
Hey paisan, next time send the lucky poster a message re the aposttheosis, why doncha? I fired up the site this morning & that article popped up & I wondered who the fuck this "message_board_star" was who'd stolen my material (especially since Milton Berle has been dead a lonnnnnng time), & I was about to fire off a complaint to you...then I found my little old screen name waaaaaay down at the end, & wandered over to this thread...

At the risk of sounding ungracious (not that I've ever let that stop me--& while we're at it, you kids get off my lawn!) let me make a modest proposal: When you lift posts from the boards & front-page them, you might consider providing their authors with just a tad more acknowledgment by putting their screen names (linked to their profiles) up top, rather than as an afterthought at the bottom. ("Today's Message Board Star: John D'oh") That might make it a little more likely that a click-by visitor would think Hm, I'd like to see what else this nitwit has to say...--which, after all, is what most of us hope for when we post here: that fellow fans will be interested in reading what we post & responding to it & that thereby we might gain in stature & respect in this community.