Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    So, in game adjustments aren't allowed anymore?

Then someone should tell our opponents that because those cheating bastards keep making them against us.

And that's just not fair.
    Fair is overrated and besides why should we expect professional football players to execute standard football techniques. It's all about Cam's mind games.

Respect PSU alot but completely disagree with his take on Harbaugh.

PP

3. Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Fair is overrated and besides why should we expect professional football players to execute standard football techniques. It's all about Cam's mind games.
    Attachment 1209

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    2) This team has a personnel deficit. Certainly the OL is awful. Oher and Birk almost have to be replaced. LG is a huge hole. Osemele needs to develop but he's not playing well right now. Yanda's the only decent OL and he may now be injured.

But defensively there are just huge, gaping holes. Reed has turned into a full-blown liability. Lewis wasn't playing great when he was in, but his absence certainly hurts. The entire LB corps is a disaster...Ellerbe is hurt. Suggs - the DPotY - has missed more of the season than he's played. Ngata doesn't look right and we know he's played hurt if not still playing hurt. Losing JJ to free agency was a big loss in run defense. Webb and Smith are both out at corner.

Today, we had half our start-of-season projected starting D miss the game due to injury. Say "Next man up" all you want, but that includes two future Hall of Famers and one of the better shut-down corners in the league...that's a lot to try to overcome.

So maybe not so much trying to lay this on Harbaugh. 24 teams in this league have more losses than the Ravens do. Hyperbole is unbecoming.

- C -
    This...this...this.

There are definately coaching issues and I am not a fan of either of our coordinators (moreso Cam...Pees has had to deal with the serious decline of our 2 cornerstone players and an unreal rash of injuries to basically every single impact defensive player we have), but people need to look at the fact that the years of drafting late (and the inability/refusal to stack the board for future drafts), has really hurt this team. Ozzie no longer seems to nail all of his late first round picks, and in fact has traded out of his best round twice in the last 4 years with little to show for it.

In addition to letting Cam go, we need better scouting and may have to start taking more chances with players with issues (too raw/off field issues) in order to restock the quality depth we had.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

5. Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Long time lurker first time poster. I was always of the impression that this was all injuries and not Harbaughs fault. However I have completely changed my tune lately. Lets take a few things and look at them objectively.

1)This team is set up exactly like the Philadelphia eagles were when Reid took over. Great defense so-so offense that always used WR as a scape goat.
    2)Terrible to AWFUL time management skills. (see last years AFC championship for proof)
    3)QB was always considered avg by some and better than avg by others
    4)NEVER won a superbowl and made it to one (ravens making superbowl has yet to come to fruition)
    5)Harbaugh refuses to fire inept coordinators (cam, mattison (never would have left if not for dream michigan job). Reid has been the exact same way.

These things are all too similar. I ridicule my friends from philly all the time and now we have Andy Reids clone in Baltimore.

Calling Harbaugh a top 5 coach is even more ridiculous.

100% psu.

As for the calls from Boulder to bring in Rex.... What the actual fuck have you been watching? Madden? Because you sure as shit haven't been watching football.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Calling Harbaugh a top 5 coach is even more ridiculous.
    Yeah. He lucked into .700 winning percentage and 5 straight playoff appearances. Happens all the time.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Harbaugh is without question a top ten coach in this league, and is probably top five. Coughlin, Payton and Belichick are pretty unquestionably top three. After that there's a clump, but Harbaugh is undoubtedly in it. He's the only coach who's gone to and won a playoff game four straight years, and they're highly likely to at least go again (which they'll likely host) if not win one against one of the other weak-sister wild cards.

But this team has two big problems.

1) Cam. Duh. He obviously needs to go and I'm having trouble seeing a scenario that doesn't end in the Ravens in the Super Bowl where Cam comes back next year.

2) This team has a personnel deficit. Certainly the OL is awful. Oher and Birk almost have to be replaced. LG is a huge hole. Osemele needs to develop but he's not playing well right now. Yanda's the only decent OL and he may now be injured.

But defensively there are just huge, gaping holes. Reed has turned into a full-blown liability. Lewis wasn't playing great when he was in, but his absence certainly hurts. The entire LB corps is a disaster...Ellerbe is hurt. Suggs - the DPotY - has missed more of the season than he's played. Ngata doesn't look right and we know he's played hurt if not still playing hurt. Losing JJ to free agency was a big loss in run defense. Webb and Smith are both out at corner.

Today, we had half our start-of-season projected starting D miss the game due to injury. Say "Next man up" all you want, but that includes two future Hall of Famers and one of the better shut-down corners in the league...that's a lot to try to overcome.

So maybe not so much trying to lay this on Harbaugh. 24 teams in this league have more losses than the Ravens do. Hyperbole is unbecoming.

- C -
    You are right San Fran does have one hell of a coach

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Great job putting up some perspective in this time of sky falling nonsense, PSU.
    Yes PSU has some points but when this roster was at full strength the last few years you saw some of the same disturbing trends.

That falls on Harbaugh and unless its corrected then the Ravens will continue to come up short.

Harbaugh has his faults, but a coach of a team that's been contending for AFC championships 4 straight years IS NOT going to get fired. Especially in a year in which the team is riddled with injuries and still guaranteed to have a winning record.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    100% psu.

As for the calls from Boulder to bring in Rex.... What the actual fuck have you been watching? Madden? Because you sure as shit haven't been watching football.
    Shhh...Willis McGahee told him that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.