Page 319 of 333 FirstFirst ... 317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 3,817 to 3,828 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    From what I've seen Rogers is definitely FAR more technically advanced than Keenan Allen. Route running, body control, quickness, and hands are all far superior, and Rogers is much more physical after the catch.

There isn't a ton of tape out there unfortunately, I've had to watch tape of other prospects and try to isolate #21. You can watch the Tyrann Mathieu vs. Tennessee tape from 2011 for a good look... Mathieu was matched up on him most of the game. Obviously Rogers ate him alive all game long.

I certainly don't think Rogers is in the class of day-one starters at WR (there are very few of them in this class IMO and the top guys like Patterson, Allen, and Hunter are all NOT in that group as far as I'm concerned). But I do think he could be a real force as the #3 receiver especially in the slot as soon as year one, and he could grab a starting job for a team looking for a physical, possession receiver (like the Ravens) by year 2.
    I'm a big fan of Rogers too.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

49'ers aren't interested in Revis according to Mort.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    1) Of course they arent...*wink wink*

2) Percy Harvin.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    1) Of course they arent...*wink wink*

2) Percy Harvin.
    Percy Harvin would take their offense to an insane level next year. Great fit in the WCO w/his run after catch ability and speed and he'd look great lined up across from Michael Crabtree over the next few years. If they extend Harvin to a huge deal they could probably also let Crabtree walk after his rookie contract expires and go forward w/Harvin and AJ Jenkins as starters.

Jim Harbaugh could do crazy things with Harvin... line up with him out wide, Gore and LaMichael James in the backfield, then motion Harvin back to create a full house and run a toss or sweep to get him in space with blockers in front. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    From what I've seen Rogers is definitely FAR more technically advanced than Keenan Allen. Route running, body control, quickness, and hands are all far superior, and Rogers is much more physical after the catch.

There isn't a ton of tape out there unfortunately, I've had to watch tape of other prospects and try to isolate #21. You can watch the Tyrann Mathieu vs. Tennessee tape from 2011 for a good look... Mathieu was matched up on him most of the game. Obviously Rogers ate him alive all game long.

I certainly don't think Rogers is in the class of day-one starters at WR (there are very few of them in this class IMO and the top guys like Patterson, Allen, and Hunter are all NOT in that group as far as I'm concerned). But I do think he could be a real force as the #3 receiver especially in the slot as soon as year one, and he could grab a starting job for a team looking for a physical, possession receiver (like the Ravens) by year 2.

I've watched his Oregon 2012, FL/LSU/Cincy and a highlight tape three times each over time, but nothing jumps out at me. I would a mid 3rd round value on him due to his size.

The vast majority of his grabs are body catches. He does have two nice TDs that he one-handed, and a nice two-handed grab on the sideline, but he doesn't have the quickness to be a consistent separator in the NFL, and body catches will equate to drops vs. NFL quality coverage. Allen body catches a lot as well.

His route running is like most college players, sub-par. He made a lot of money on slants just like Allen.
    Nothing stands out with his YAC and that includes vision and quickness...just like Allen.
    Last, he's big, but he doesn't actively use his size advantage at all, other than running for some extra YAC with 5'9 Mathieu on his back. I would expect to see broken tackles and a consistent use of a stiff arm vs. someone other than Mathieu.

For our needs, I don't think another project WR (taken before round 5) is what we need. Rogers does not have the hands, nor the active physicality to sub-in effectively for Boldin. If you want to go the other direction (i.e., a smaller, quick slot guy) then of course, Rogers doesn't have the feet for that. Nor does he have anything over Jacoby at the #3.

Blog Entries

Rumors SD will release DT Antonio Garay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Rumors SD will release DT Antonio Garay.
    I'd be interested if he was younger.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd be interested if he was younger.
    Yeah he is 1 year younger than Kemo I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think it is an overused term at all.

It actually fits the bill of a lot of guys who get combine invites. Some guys are just able to do really well (and in some cases, dominate) in college because they are just naturally big, strong, and fast.

The history of the NFL draft is littered with guys who just blew away scouts and coaches during combine performances, but on the field they were knuckleheads and just weren't very good football players. They lacked fundamentals and relied far too much on their athleticism.

I'm not saying that Zaviar Gooden can't or won't turn into a good pro. Like you said, he was a safety who dropped down to LB. Much like Ogletree and Khaseem Greene out of Rutgers.

What I'm saying is that the Missouri games I saw, he never really stood out. He did ok, but at no point during the game did he consistently do something to grab my attention and go "wow! Who is that guy?!"

I do agree that the Ravens need to get some speed and athleticism at linebacker, and maybe the guy would do well in Baltimore. If they draft him, great. I would just rather see them draft Kiko Alonso or Khaseem Greene if they were looking for a ridiculously athletic linebacker.
    I don't disagree with a lot of what you've said. I, too, would rather have Greene or Alonso. However, not everyone we want is going to be available. If the Ravens are going to spend a 2nd and 3rd on a safety and an offensive tackle, those other guys aren't going to be Ravens because they won't be there at the end of the 4th round. And if Gooden is there at the back of the 4th, I think that's a heck of a value pick. And I don't think anyone saw the best of Zaviar Gooden this past year. He got hurt against Georgia (Missouri was beating them when he left the game) and he was hampered most of the year with that injury.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yeah he is 1 year younger than Kemo I think.

Cheap depth ala Kemo. We are weak-mo at NT, though he did miss 8 games last year.

Blog Entries

Thier is going to be so many wave, part time DT's on the market when FA begins that it will be an easy position to fill. DT's aren't a premium position anymore like the old days. They just need a few wave guys at his point and I doubt it will be expensive.

Blog Entries

Anyone here high on Ryan Swope?

I think we all agree Tavon Austin is a long shot.

This dude tied Austin's 40 time. 3rd best 10 yd split. 5th best vertical jump. 7th best broad jump. 6' , 200lbs.

He has small hands though (but so does Torrey).

Seems like he had a decent college career too.