Page 199 of 333 FirstFirst ... 197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,377 to 2,388 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I would love for us to get the Honey Badger at some point. If we brought back Reed, and he took Mathieu under his wing, he could take Reed's place as best ballhawk in the NFL when he retires. I feel the same about the dude from NC State.

Who do you guys like for the first round? Some kids I'm keeping my eye on:
    LB Alec Ogletree. Would love this guy, the one prospect I want the most.
    LB Kevin Minter.
    DT Sheldon Richardson. Would really help our run D.
    DE Sam Montgomery.
    DT Shariff Floyd.
    DT Jesse Williams.
    LB Manti Te'o. I would really love this if not for the championship game and the whole girlfriend hoax.
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Will probably boost his stock way up before the draft, but if this guy were somehow there when we are up to pick, I think it'd be hard to pass on his playmaking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So from the perspective of fit or "what I think we need", my WR board is below.
    Assumption 1: Boldin and JJ12 will be back and in their 2012 positions (slot and #3/X respectively)

1st - No one
    2nd - Quinton Patton LATech
    3rd - Studman Bailey WVU, Markus Wheaton ORSt, DeAndre Hopkins Clemson, Tavarres King UGA (all four in the top-half of the 3rd)
    4th - Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    5th - Chad Bumphis MSST, Darius Johnson SMU

While their skill strength and production vary, each of these guys is a technician...not an athlete playing the position.
    I think the best technician is Studman. I think the best athlete is Nwachukwu. The best hands belong to Darius Johnson.

Nwachukwu, Bumphis and Johnson will not be at the Combine...and that's great for us and the other teams that don't value the Combine all that much. FWIW...King and Nwachukwu (the latter IMO has feature WR talent, despite how he was used at TX A&M) are alike. Wheaton and Johnson are also alike.
    So you do not like Tavon Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you do not like Tavon Austin?
    I love him dearly lol, but my assumption of Boldin coming back in 2013 and playing the slot takes Austin out of the mix. He can't play out wide at his size. If Boldin is not around for 2013 than I will put Austin in the 1st round b/c he would be our 2013 slot WR.

Bumphis played the slot at MSST, but I think he could play the #2 due to his build.
    Johnson's hands are so good that I'm willing to let him develop in 2013 before replacing Boldin in the slot in 2014.
    I would do the same thing for Austin, but no one could justify not starting 1st round WR. Justifying Johnson is easy b/c he's a 5th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post

Who do you guys like for the first round? Some kids I'm keeping my eye on:
    LB Alec Ogletree. Would love this guy, the one prospect I want the most. (Like but gone)
    LB Kevin Minter. (Top ILB prospect, but plays too inconsistently for a 1st rounder IMO)
    DT Sheldon Richardson. Would really help our run D. (Love but gone)
    DE Sam Montgomery. (Haven't watched him)
    DT Shariff Floyd. (Love but gone)
    DT Jesse Williams. (Like and may be available)
    LB Manti Te'o. I would really love this if not for the championship game and the whole girlfriend hoax. (Don't like. Don't want)
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Will probably boost his stock way up before the draft, but if this guy were somehow there when we are up to pick, I think it'd be hard to pass on his playmaking ability. (Like but gone)

I love him dearly lol, but my assumption of Boldin coming back in 2013 and playing the slot takes Austin out of the mix. He can't play out wide at his size. If Boldin is not around for 2013 than I will put Austin in the 1st round b/c he would be our 2013 slot WR.

Bumphis played the slot at MSST, but I think he could play the #2 due to his build.
    Johnson's hands are so good that I'm willing to let him develop in 2013 before replacing Boldin in the slot in 2014.
    I would do the same thing for Austin, but no one could justify not starting 1st round WR. Justifying Johnson is easy b/c he's a 5th rounder.
    OK, I see that.
    If Jacoby were the casualty would that change your mind? As Austin could fill both of Jacoby's roles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    OK, I see that.
    If Jacoby were the casualty would that change your mind? As Austin could fill both of Jacoby's roles as well.
    Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.

Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.
    Anquan still provides value on the outside. If Jones is gone, IMO I'd be all over Austin. I see star potential, for Austin to be the better version of Percy Harin, hopefully without the injury issues.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does Aaron Rogers really have that many weapons? He has a lot of depth at WR and a lot of talented players, but I wouldn't say any of them are individually really great players, not even Greg Jennings. If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy, I'm pretty happy with what we have at WR right now. If anything, we need a better TE to go with Pitta.
    Sorry, but Jordy Nelson is definitely a better player than Boldin right now. Really underated IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.
    Finley is an athlete. That's it. Honestly even some of by friends who are green-bay friends want his ass off the team. The dude can't catch, simple as that.

Does anyone think we could find a spot for Barret Jones on the team? If we trade back into the 2nd, (Which a lot of teams who hold the #32 pick usually do), I feel like we could take him with our early 2nd pick. This adds a pro-lineman who can play a majority of the positions on the o-line and will work his butt off doing it. At the stage were at, we want to add pieces to fit the puzzle IMO. Jones does perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Rambo

Taking a guy like Amerson and moving him back to safety could also work nicely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I am starting to think this may be a great option if we miss out on Matt Elam. He will be available in the 2nd and possibly even the third round if he runs a slow 40 as projected. He seems like a natural fit at free safety with his ball skills and is really good at off man coverage and zone. Amerson also played safety in high school so he will not be out of his element.

Blog Entries

I'm all for Elam or Rambo. I'd be happy with either.