Page 111 of 333 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,332 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I think Aboushi is going to be a top of the 2nd round guy. I'd like to see them pull off a trade like last year and trade back for an additional 4th. There's a lot of decent MLB in the 4th round range that the pick could be used for (Reddick-UNC, Johnson-Bama) to name a few.

Blog Entries

I still like the idea of drafting a physical freak to play DE like a Enzekiel Ansah or a Margus Hunt type.

If we were to part ways with Leach I would still want to draft his spiritual successor, much like NYG did when they cut Madison Hedgecock and then drafted Henry Hynoski.

So question to those more plugged into the college game. Who are the players in this upcomign draft that remind you of Leach, and also a guy like James Casey(texans), that can effectively run as an H-back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If we were to part ways with Leach I would still want to draft his spiritual successor, much like NYG did when they cut Madison Hedgecock and then drafted Henry Hynoski.

So question to those more plugged into the college game. Who are the players in this upcomign draft that remind you of Leach, and also a guy like James Casey(texans), that can effectively run as an H-back.
    Take a look at Oklahomas FB Trey Millard. He is very much like a James Casey, but can run the football too. He's 6'2 and 270 lbs he has the size to be a lead blocker, but he's very explosive for a guy that size too, he can catch the ball pretty well, and could be a very useful weapon for Flacco.

Last edited by leachisabeast; 01-20-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: USEFUL NOT USELESS lol

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He... could be a very useless weapon for Flacco.
    We already have one of those. His name is David Reed.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    We already have one of those. His name is David Reed.
    Omfg massive typo on my part lol

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I agree that is too much money tied into two receivers with their production. But would it even be worth it to cut them? How much dead money are we talking?
    According to Brian's figures here (http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...dbye-for-some/) they will cost $12.4M to keep without restructuring, but releasing them prior to June 1 would result in only about $2.4M in dead money. The Ravens would clear about $10M, with which they could sign other players.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    According to Brian's figures here (http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...dbye-for-some/) they will cost $12.4M to keep without restructuring, but releasing them prior to June 1 would result in only about $2.4M in dead money. The Ravens would clear about $10M, with which they could sign other players.
    Yes. Boldin has a base salary of $6 million with a $1.53 signing bonus (dead money). Jones is due $3 million base salary + $1 million roster bonus with $900k in dead money.

If we were to just move on from both, we would free up $10 million, which is awfully nice. I'm not sure I like the thought of Flacco without Boldin though.

If we could come out of the first 3 rounds with Arthur Brown, Oday Aboushi and Tony Jefferson I would be just ecstatic. Would involve some moving around, but we have a bulk of picks and I'd rather get 3 sure picks and I think these 3 are instant starters and fill huge needs

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yes. Boldin has a base salary of $6 million with a $1.53 signing bonus (dead money). Jones is due $3 million base salary + $1 million roster bonus with $900k in dead money.

If we were to just move on from both, we would free up $10 million, which is awfully nice. I'm not sure I like the thought of Flacco without Boldin though.
    if we freed that kind of money up I'd want to see us target a left tackle, Sam baker, Brandon Albert maybe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    if we freed that kind of money up I'd want to see us target a left tackle, Sam baker, Brandon Albert maybe
    Both players I'd be happy with, I would have thought Sam Baker would come cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Both players I'd be happy with, I would have thought Sam Baker would come cheaper.
    hes had a good year, and played great today, shut Aldon down. He could be tagged