Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 330331332333 LastLast
Results 3,973 to 3,984 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

If I was Ozzie and Nobody I liked was sitting there at 32, I'd just open up an auction for 32 for a QB needy team, and maybe someone like the Cards would give up their 3rd round pick JUST BECAUSE a QB like Glennon may still be on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    To be honest, the moment the 49ers traded Alex Smith away and got pick #33 in the 2nd round....
    Not to be picky (get it??), but the Chiefs had the 2nd pick in round two, so that's actually #34. It's the Jaguars that have the 33rd pick.

Go to YouTube type in Arkansas pine bluff terron armstead. There's a load of videos that isolate every play from games with him in. East west shrine, senior bowl, college games. He's absolutely dominate, has all the physical tools, I want him bad.

He even had a reception on a designed screen for 10 yards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Go to YouTube type in Arkansas pine bluff terron armstead. There's a load of videos that isolate every play from games with him in. East west shrine, senior bowl, college games. He's absolutely dominate, has all the physical tools, I want him bad.

and ran a 4.6! Watching

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    and ran a 4.6! Watching
    I'm not really interested in the 4.6 but its really evident in the apb against Alabama state. He pulls from left tackle about three times and he is so nibble then levels the guy in the hole.

If we could trade down and get a extra pick i dont think i'd have a problem with grabbing Armstead

Im looking hard at the banged FSU ends in the 2nd round(Carradine and Jenkins). I think both are first round picks if healthy and you heard Oz speak about how they are still looking for that other elite pass rusher. I think they also know they need to cover themselves if 1. Suggs doesnt completely return to form and 2. prices himself out of Baltimore when his contract is up. I think the value is there where i wouldnt be suprised if they took either one and waited on them a bit.

Also re: Armstead, let's put Castillo to good use while we have him. Could help his development as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    If we could trade down and get a extra pick i dont think i'd have a problem with grabbing Armstead

Im looking hard at the banged FSU ends in the 2nd round(Carradine and Jenkins). I think both are first round picks if healthy and you heard Oz speak about how they are still looking for that other elite pass rusher. I think they also know they need to cover themselves if 1. Suggs doesnt completely return to form and 2. prices himself out of Baltimore when his contract is up. I think the value is there where i wouldnt be suprised if they took either one and waited on them a bit.
    I'm not so sure we can still trade back with San at 34, they'd have to be the prime candidate if you wanted to move up, you'd figure you d get it for less because a its not in round 1 but you'd still get ahead on those other QB needy teams and b they have a tonne of picks so may not have as high an asking price.

Blog Entries

I'm one of the biggest Brandon jenkins fans, but in no way would I take him in the first round, and I would consider passing up in the 2nd depending on who's there. Tank Carradine is different because he's a freak with great size and speed, he's similar to Aldon Smith. Jenkins has a quick first step, but isn't an ELITE pass rusher, and because of sitting pretty much all of 2012 out, is a 2nd to 3rd round projection IMO.

I'm not so sure we can still trade back with San at 34, they'd have to be the prime candidate if you wanted to move up, you'd figure you d get it for less because a its not in round 1 but you'd still get ahead on those other QB needy teams and b they have a tonne of picks so may not have as high an asking price.
    Yeah that trade kind of screwed us in that regard. Unless Jax changes there tune QB wise they are sitting at 33 and the Niners like you said would be the it team in a trade up scenario. Other then that we'd have to hope maybe a corner someone wants bad enough to jump in front of Jacksonville, or a safety, corner, etc. to jump in front of San Fran. Or someone just really wants to go out other their way to secure their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Brandon jenkins fans, but in no way would I take him in the first round, and I would consider passing up in the 2nd depending on who's there. Tank Carradine is different because he's a freak with great size and speed, he's similar to Aldon Smith. Jenkins has a quick first step, but isn't an ELITE pass rusher, and because of sitting pretty much all of 2012 out, is a 2nd to 3rd round projection IMO.
    Well im not suggesting either in the first, but i think both will be 2nd round targets, even if you move around to do it

Just watched Armstead in the Senior Bowl and he needs to get stronger in the lower body but he certainly looks the part as a legit LT if coached up.