Page 184 of 333 FirstFirst ... 182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,197 to 2,208 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Interesting. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he's telling the truth or just sending a message to any agents looking to get a new deal for their clients.
    Note "restructure" vs "renegotiate." Or am I reading too much into Aaron's paraphrase?

IIRC neither Ed nor Q is under contract for next year, so this wouldn't apply. Who's on the escalator for 2013? Jacoby sure. Leach? Who else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well I think Alonso would give us something that quite frankly, Teo couldn't. Alonso is a very speedy LB and can drop back into coverage, I'm not sure if Teo can do that as well, and if we could wait for the 3rd/4th round to pick Alonso up, then its better value.

Alonso had alcoholism issues earlier in his college career, may explain why he's not talked about as much.
    Why not both if they can?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Note "restructure" vs "renegotiate." Or am I reading too much into Aaron's paraphrase?

IIRC neither Ed nor Q is under contract for next year, so this wouldn't apply. Who's on the escalator for 2013? Jacoby sure. Leach? Who else?

Q is under contract for next year. His cap number is high at 7.5 mil which is why a lot of posters think he might be renegotiated.

Blog Entries

If you restructure a salary into bonus it has to be paid all at once instead of over the course of a season. The player gets his money quicker and the agent gets his commission right away. I am sure that there some players on long term deals that would be pretty happy that kind of restructuring.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Steve bisciotti 'we're not going to get caught up in the moment and make decisions with our cap that will hurt us in 2014-2015'

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ro...-combine-snubs

One snub is TE Michael Williams. No idea why.

Another is my boy Zach Sudfeld. 6'6 260 lbs TE with terrific hands and better than average speed at the position. Hopefully, he'll continue to fly under the radar.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ozzie newsome said only time team considers restructures is if a player has great value or player has good chance of reaching end of deal

Baltimore Ravens‏@Ravens

Ozzie Newsome says middle of the defense is the top need this offseason. Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety.
    No surprise, but it's always nice to hear it from the Wizard himself. So let us continue our discussion in this direction.

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Ozzie newsome said only time team considers restructures is if a player has great value or player has good chance of reaching end of deal

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ro...-combine-snubs

One snub is TE Michael Williams. No idea why.

Another is my boy Zach Sudfeld. 6'6 260 lbs TE with terrific hands and better than average speed at the position. Hopefully, he'll continue to fly under the radar.

That's a good thing from my perspective. I'm sure Oz knows what he needs to know about the 'bama TE, adn what he doesn't he can find out in a personal workout and interview at the castle. I think he's an ideal fit/value here. I sure hope we draft hm.

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Generally related to our discussions here...

Baltimore Ravens‏@Ravens

Steve on Joe contract: "That what we wanted to see. We wanted to see him do this and he did." Says they offered him a top-5 contract before.