Page 127 of 333 FirstFirst ... 125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,524 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Again, Quinton Patton and Tavarres King are the two best receivers on the South team. King is a precise route runner and is dominating in the redzone drills, along with Patton.

Blog Entries

JJ Wilcox (S) looking impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into those...it's nice for us fans to see, but from everything I've read from people that cover the Senior Bowl, every team basically meets with and speaks with every player.
    That's good to know. Thanks
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    JJ Wilcox (S) looking impressive.
    Only thing with him is he is more of an in the box, strong safety.

These are players they meet with in the evening for one to one interviews.

Of course they talk to everyone. But these are reportedly the players they showed particular interest in, most of them make sense apart from the kicker lol (maybe just looking at camp bodies in the pre season)...

I will say this though. The Ravens showed A LOT of interest in both Bernard Pierce and Gino Gradkowski before the draft last year and ended up picking them with traded picks, so while usually you shouldn't put too much stock into it, the Ravens were reportedly very high on both.
    I'm not sure what to make of it. What use would the Ravens have in drafting Barner or Taylor? Both guys are viewed as 4th rounders or higher and I just cant see the Ravens taking a RB that high when they have LB/S/OT and maybe CB/DT as priority positions

Blog Entries

I knew Lane Johnson was better than a lot of people originally thought, first round for sure.

These are players they meet with in the evening for one to one interviews.

Of course they talk to everyone. But these are reportedly the players they showed particular interest in, most of them make sense apart from the kicker lol (maybe just looking at camp bodies in the pre season)...

I will say this though. The Ravens showed A LOT of interest in both Bernard Pierce and Gino Gradkowski before the draft last year and ended up picking them with traded picks, so while usually you shouldn't put too much stock into it, the Ravens were reportedly very high on both.
    "Here is a recap of the player interviews that were conducted on the field after Wednesday's practice by the South team. Typically, these interviews with area scouts are to set up longer, formal interviews for a night during the week. While teams say they "talk" to every player, teams do not take the time to conduct formal interviews with every draft prospect, so this can be a clue as to which players are on their radar."

That's what Walter football say anyway, who knows which players are truly on the Ravens radar.
    Gotcha.

I said before it's nice to have names attached to scouts and such so it's all good.

The real list that gives the most insight are the combine interviews, the school workouts and the prospect visits to the facility.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Mike Mayock is amazed with Haloti Ngata and sounded disgusted when asked about comparing Jon Jenkins to him lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Gotcha.

I said before it's nice to have names attached to scouts and such so it's all good.

The real list that gives the most insight are the combine interviews, the school workouts and the prospect visits to the facility.
    I agree, the individual work outs are the most important thing when trying to guess who is truly on a teams radar. The Ravens had Upshaw and Pierce in for loads of work outs, so they were both obviously high on their priority list.

Blog Entries

Don't get the big deal over Jenkins, just seen him get pushed off the LOS a bunch, flashes now and again because of his strength, but he just looks like another Terrence Cody.

Don't get the big deal over Jenkins, just seen him get pushed off the LOS a bunch, flashes now and again because of his strength, but he just looks like another Terrence Cody.
    If I were an NFL GM I would never even entertain the possibility of taking a space-eating NT in the top half of the first round, honestly not even in the first round at all unless they were a once in a lifetime prospect like Ngata.

The way the NFL is now if you don't rush the passer or defend the pass on defense you aren't a first rounder. I just don't see the value there. I wouldn't take Jon Jenkins in the top 15 like some are projecting.

Yea im starting to hear too many times where guys are getting up under him, inconsistencies, etc. Hearing some good things about NT/DT Brandon Williams however, i think he has big time upside.