Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
I said that in regards that the team has to do whatever possible to get an elite guy.

You don't need an elite LT to win and I don't think if we don't win a Super Bowl that Oher will be the reason why.

And that's why I'm sure the team is not going to package a bunch of picks to go up 10+ spots for one. If one is sitting there that they really like close to their pick...maybe. But not in the first half and probably not top 20.
based on the Jimmy Johnson value chart, our first two picks are roughly equal to the 17th pick, assuming we picked 29. SO take that plus or minus 2 picks. I suggest, that if the right player(Let's call him Eric Fisher) is the last remaining LT candidate the FO likes, and it's around pick 15, that we should be picking up the phone. I'm not suggesting moving several picks(unless the 2 is not one of them) and I'm certianly not suggesting packaging future 1sts. But Yes, I would trade 1+2 or 1,3,4+6(assuming we have a good portion of comp picks) for the right guy, againassumign he's the last one the FO lkes.