Page 198 of 333 FirstFirst ... 196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 2,365 to 2,376 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I'd take McKinnie over Bushrod.

Right now the players I want from the first three rounds:
    Kevin Minter
    Brandon Williams
    Chris Faulk (IF Reed is re-signed, if not, then I'd like Rambo)

Eric Reid is also someone I'd like in the second round, not sure out of him an Rambo. I like Philip Thomas too. Of course I'd love Matt Elam in the second round, but I just don't see him sticking around that long.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Kevin Minter
    Brandon Williams

Eric Reid is also someone I'd like in the second round, not sure out of him an Rambo. I like Philip Thomas too. Of course I'd love Matt Elam in the second round, but I just don't see him sticking around that long.
    Rambo is interesting, but the dude had a pretty rough outing during the Senior Bowl. Was caught out of position several times and looked slow.

I think I would rather Phillip Thomas out of Fresno State, Brandon Bishop out of NC State, or JJ wilcox out of Georgia Southern.

Taking a guy like Amerson and moving him back to safety could also work nicely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Rambo is interesting, but the dude had a pretty rough outing during the Senior Bowl. Was caught out of position several times and looked slow.

I think I would rather Phillip Thomas out of Fresno State, Brandon Bishop out of NC State, or JJ wilcox out of Georgia Southern.

Taking a guy like Amerson and moving him back to safety could also work nicely.
    Bishop was once of the first DBs I watched film on, and 4 months later, he's still the biggest thumper I've seen this year. He also has great instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He is a good fit for this team though. Especially as the slot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    This. Boldin does not get separation and when he is on the outside he is always covered which is why he needs to make circus catches. The Ravens really need to get a receiver on the outside so that Boldin can continue to work the middle of the field where he can get open. If the Ravens bring Boldin back they really need to work out of three wr sets more.

Been watching coaches film on John Youboty DE/OLB out of Temple. 6'4 258 with a solid build. Moves well laterally. Seems to locate the ball well. Pursues down the line very well and generally pursues the ball to the whistle. His effort at 21:03 is outstanding. We need to get faster on defense and this cat has speed.

Can be a bit undisciplined at times vs. the run...like DEs and OLBs can be, but I think with some coaching + 10 lbs + a pro training regimen, this cat could be a solid pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y090XuENm4

Not a fan of Bishop.

IMHO...we need someone faster that will cover a lot of ground...we already have a thumper in Pollard.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Can we draft Youboty so we can nickname him, "Sheik"?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Kevin Minter
    Brandon Williams

Reid hasn't been the same with Mathieu gone. Mathieu was the Ed Reed of that defense and despite the great size that Eric Reid has he's just not ever going to be the guy at safety. He seems to be able to either focus on pass or on the run but not both. If the NFL he's going to bite on a lot for the first couple of seasons. Elam is who we want at Safety but I'm not even sure he makes it to our 1st round pick. I can't see him being their by our 2nd round pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjcPccFogu4

Ok...finally found some tape on Xavier Boyce (6'4 220 lb WR from Norfolk State).
    I barely got two minutes deep into Xavier Boyce's tape and he is horrible.
    Doesn't use his size at all. Bad hands. Slow footed. Average speed.

Ok...skipped ahead a bit and he's still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a fan of Bishop.

IMHO...we need someone faster that will cover a lot of ground...we already have a thumper in Pollard.

Definitely not a starter. He would be depth and outstanding on ST.

11. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Reid hasn't been the same with Mathieu gone. Mathieu was the Ed Reed of that defense and despite the great size that Eric Reid has he's just not ever going to be the guy at safety. He seems to be able to either focus on pass or on the run but not both. If the NFL he's going to bite on a lot for the first couple of seasons. Elam is who we want at Safety but I'm not even sure he makes it to our 1st round pick. I can't see him being their by our 2nd round pick.
    I love Elam too, and I'd hope he makes it there with our pick. I always get scared when Oz trades out of the first round to get more picks, but, you can't argue with the success of the 2012 draft.

So from the perspective of fit or "what I think we need", my WR board is below.
    Assumption 1: Boldin and JJ12 will be back and in their 2012 positions (slot and #3/X respectively)

1st - No one
    2nd - Quinton Patton LATech
    3rd - Studman Bailey WVU, Markus Wheaton ORSt, DeAndre Hopkins Clemson, Tavarres King UGA (all four in the top-half of the 3rd)
    4th - Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    5th - Chad Bumphis MSST, Darius Johnson SMU

While their skill strength and production vary, each of these guys is a technician...not an athlete playing the position.
    I think the best technician is Studman. I think the best athlete is Nwachukwu. The best hands belong to Darius Johnson.

Nwachukwu and Bumphis will not be at the Combine...and that's great for us and the other teams that don't value the Combine all that much. FWIW...King and Nwachukwu (the latter IMO has feature WR talent, despite how he was used at TX A&M) are alike. Wheaton and Johnson are also alike.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-10-2013 at 12:28 PM.