Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Dennis Dixon Impressively Simulates RGIII In Practice

I'd like to think I impressively simulate John Holmes, but it just isn't happening.

They just aren't working with the same equipment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    "He"? Do you mean running or passing, RGIII or Morris?
    RGIII and all of the above. Read and react

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    RGIII and all of the above. Read and react
    Okay, I don't remember RGIII running up the middle though.

I mean I know there are a lot of catch 22's in defending the read option, but, it can be stopped. Clog the middle, don't crash down on the RB and keep your lb's at descent depth to avoiding passes right over there head.

Easier said than done, but I think that maybe wear practicing with Dixon could be huge.

I'm not very confident in our D this week...we have inexperienced ILB's and some guys on the DL who haven't seen anything like this.

I expect Shanahan to really take advantage of the middle of the field (our ILB's).

Fortunately for us, the Redskins defense is horrible so our offense is going to need to put up 30 points which we should be able to do IMHO
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Who simulates offensive coordinator for our first team practices? That's the mystery to me.

Blog Entries

I do hope Ellerbe is back this week...
    -JAB

The problem with using Dixon is that he can't accurately simulate RGIII's accurate and profficiency as a passer. If RGIII was just another scrambling QB nobody would be gameplanning for him. But if Dixon had RGIII's arms and legs, he'd be starting and Flacco would be on the bench. But I wouldn't mind seeing Dixon or Taylor in a Suggs package for a few plays this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    The problem with using Dixon is that he can't accurately simulate RGIII's accurate and profficiency as a passer. If RGIII was just another scrambling QB nobody would be gameplanning for him. But if Dixon had RGIII's arms and legs, he'd be starting and Flacco would be on the bench. But I wouldn't mind seeing Dixon or Taylor in a Suggs package for a few plays this season.
    I agree. I wouldnt mind losing Joe a few series a game to see what these mobile Qb's can do in different packages. Taylor is actually a pretty accurate passer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Well a passer is a passer, the accuracy is not what needs to be simulated IMO. The fake to the RB, fake to the WR (end around) fake run than pass is what the D needs to practice against.

How much of a difference or one at all I am not sure. I feel it AT least gives them some experience having someone who rand the a similar offense with success.

I'm hopeful it makes all the difference in the world, but realistically it might stop a play or two or three that they wouldn't have if not for Dixon.

Come Monday morning we will be 9W and 4L with Manning up next.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Come Monday morning we will be 9W and 4L with Manning up next.
    :ot

I have a serious question here.

I think RGIII has seriously maybe opened some doors here for some of these option QB's.

Dixon wasn't and isn't on RGIII's level, but he was amazing running that option at Oregon and I think he is a good enough passer to be able to make defenses respect his throwing.

Obviously he won't get a shot here, but I think if you put him in that Shanahan offense, he would be very successful.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.