Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Dennis Dixon Impressively Simulates RGIII In Practice

This could be a benefit that no other team has had preparing for RGIII.

While Dixon does not quite have the same speed RGIII does, I would have to say he ran the read/triple option effectively enough to give our D good preparation.

Been saying all week teams that have let the Skins have a lot of success (mainly RGIII) is because they've been too aggressive (See Giants last week).

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-8f5f8f96ddd8

If he’s running a double option, it means the quarterback either hands the ball off to the running back or keeps it himself and runs. In a triple option, the quarterback either hands off, runs or pitches to a trailing player. It all depends on how the defense reacts (or overreacts).

Dixon’s best advice to the defense is to “be patient.”
    Is this enough to make a difference, or at least a meaningful one?

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Dennis Dixon Impressively Simulates RGIII In Practice

boomer was just on 105.7 and said the giants were lined up correctly most of the time on D but rgiII still got his yards

Blog Entries

RG3's play action sucks in the lb's so much because of RG3's running ability and Morris. It's been leaving receivers wide open when RG3 goes play action.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    boomer was just on 105.7 and said the giants were lined up correctly most of the time on D but rgiII still got his yards
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    RG3's play action sucks in the lb's so much because of RG3's running ability and Morris. It's been leaving receivers wide open when RG3 goes play action.
    Been saying all week teams that have let the Skins have a lot of success (mainly RGIII) is because they've been too aggressive (See Giants last week).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Agreed. The Ravens D just needs to stay on their assignments. The Redskins are going to get their yards, but the defense can slow them down or at least force FG's if they tackle and don't bite hard for play action.

Blog Entries

years past id say our discipline was one of the better in the league. This year im not confident saying that, mostly due to unknowns playing large parts on D.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I watched that game. When they stayed at home he exploited them up the middle and when they 'bit' he got the end on the outside. speed kills. But it will require gap discipline and disguise to force him into mistakes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I watched that game. When they stayed at home he exploited them up the middle and when they 'bit' he got the end on the outside. speed kills. But it will require gap discipline and disguise to force him into mistakes
    "He"? Do you mean running or passing, RGIII or Morris?

Blog Entries

we have far less talent than the giants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    we have far less talent than the giants.
    Not so sure about that Smoove, they give up over 4.6 yards per carry.

I'd say more athletic, at least on the D line, but they don't have any really big guys to stop plug the holes.

Blog Entries

Not so sure about that Smoove, they give up over 4.6 yards per carry.

I'd say more athletic, at least on the D line, but they don't have any really big guys to stop plug the holes.
    there over all D talent wise is far better than our this season. Giants D have never been good at stopping the run, but they make their money on 3rd downs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    there over all D talent wise is far better than our this season. Giants D have never been good at stopping the run, but they make their money on 3rd downs.
    Well, I guess we can go back in forth on how we'd rank their talent. But it doesn't seem to be translating into stopping teams.

They give up 4.6 yards per carry and and 8.1 yards per passing attempt. This year, they're towards the bottom in stopping teams on 3rd down (#20) at 39%.

I know stats are subjective things and don't necessarily prove anything, but this year stats don't really back up the Giants D is that good.