Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think there should be laws making assault weapons, or 'heavy weapons' harder to get, but I am a big believer in the Constitution and it is pretty clear on the 2nd Amendment
    I don't see how you can square the two points here.

An "assault weapon" is what exactly?

And what exactly is a "heavy weapon"?

Re: Suggs and Guns

I am not a gun owner. I think there should be laws making assault weapons, or 'heavy weapons' harder to get, but I am a big believer in the Constitution and it is pretty clear on the 2nd Amendment.

Challenging MD law would take cash, but I could easily see it falling. For all the NRA does making noise about presidents, it seems to do a crappy job fighting the obvious.

As for Suggs, if he feels the need as NFL player to protect himself, I have no problem. My problem is the state prejudging Suggs or any other person in lawful possession of a gun under similar circumstances.

If the gun industry becomes cash strapped, we will definitely hear from the NRA. Otherwise, why makes a noise when the industry is prosperous? IMO, I think the NRA is really doing a good job underhanded "game".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I have a similar belief as Silver and imo, saying its harder to get it doesnt mean you dont still get it. Its not taking away your right to own it, just making it harder to get it, which if youre of sane mind and a responsible gun owner, it shouldnt be hard to follow through with. Going to the store and just picking up an AK on the other hand i dont think is in the best interests of our society. I think that goes for all guns personally, as i know I can go get a Shotgun right now and thatll kill just as much as an AR will.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Weapons are only as dangerous as those who own them.

I thought this was kind of funny:
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Assault weapons are what I consider 'heavy weapons'. Military grade weaponry to kill, not 1 intruder or deer, but a weapon made to kill as many people as possible in the most efficient and fastest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I have a similar belief as Silver and imo, saying its harder to get it doesnt mean you dont still get it. Its not taking away your right to own it, just making it harder to get it, which if youre of sane mind and a responsible gun owner, it shouldnt be hard to follow through with. Going to the store and just picking up an AK on the other hand i dont think is in the best interests of our society. I think that goes for all guns personally, as i know I can go get a Shotgun right now and thatll kill just as much as an AR will.
    This is exactly my point. Even IF I had a billion dollars, I doubt the U.S. Government is going to allow me to buy a Lockheed Martin fighter jet, even unarmed. It would need to be old and decommissioned. But the finest weaponry to kill as many humans with bullets is almost universally availbel to all. I simply believe it should cost a big license fee to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Thank you. That explains it. I don't agree with it but it explains it.

I don't own any guns and never have. Watching Top Shot is about the extent of my interest in guns. However I support the constitutional rights of those who do and am sympathetic to the seemingly endless fight to keep protect those rights.
    Ditto for me exactly. Have never owned a gun, but I do like Top Shot. Have only fired one probably 3-4 times in my life. However, my dad and both grandfathers are both ex-military and each own/ed one. I believe in their right to own it and would defend it tirelessly.

It's nice to see there is an issue here of a political nature where we don't seem to be strenously arguing.

Blog Entries

Okay, if making it harder to get doesn't mean you can't get it and you can get a shotgun with out paperwork which will kill just as many people as an AR, than why make the AR (for example) so hard to get (which it isn't that hard, I can get one at Walmart)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Okay, if making it harder to get doesn't mean you can't get it and you can get a shotgun with out paperwork which will kill just as many people as an AR, than why make the AR (for example) so hard to get (which it isn't that hard, I can get one at Walmart)?
    Make it a 1,000 dollars for the license and you will see that number drop.

And, no. Give me a standard issues Soviet AK-47 and you have your Wal-Mart Shotgun and I will shoot right through the cinder block wall you are hiding behind. Machine guns are WAY more deadly than a shotgun.

Blog Entries

Make it a 1,000 dollars for the license and you will see that number drop.

And, no. Give me a standard issues Soviet AK-47 and you have your Wal-Mart Shotgun and I will shoot right through the cinder block wall you are hiding behind. Machine guns are WAY more deadly than a shotgun.
    The shotgun/AR was not my argument. IT was a Walmart AR btw, more accurate than an AK. Tell you what go see the ballistic from a buckshot vs a AK and tell me where you think your better chance of survival stands.

And why should I have to pay 1,000 for a license to own an AR?

Blog Entries

well that was my point. I think they should be the same. I also think their should be some type of psychiatric screening process and harder background checks for all guns, but at the same time i think its your right to own one. if youre a danger to yourself or others, you lose that right whether you committed a crime or not because frankly those are the ones were trying to weed out. I dont really agree with silvers Idea of extremely high licenses, that seems to be punishing gun owners instead of promoting healthy and responsible ones.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

well that was my point. I think they should be the same. I also think their should be some type of psychiatric screening process and harder background checks for all guns, but at the same time i think its your right to own one. if youre a danger to yourself or others, you lose that right whether you committed a crime or not because frankly those are the ones were trying to weed out. I dont really agree with silvers Idea of extremely high licenses, that seems to be punishing gun owners instead of promoting healthy and responsible ones.
    Question. Does making guns harder to get stop criminals from getting them?

Blog Entries

Question. Does making guns harder to get stop criminals from getting them?
    no. but does making it harder stop those that arent mentally stable or irresponsible gun owners that arent criminals?
    -JAB