Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
so youre saying you wont pass a psych eval? because than no you should lose your right just like a convict. a convict proved he was incapable of being responsible. a psych eval does the same thing as a background check but would be a preemptive measure as opposed to reactive. thats all.

as far as who pays and if you cant afford it, well thats no different than a car and car insurance, imo. you cant afford it you dont get one. can afford it but not the insurance, you still dont get one. i dont see how thats any different regardless of the law.
I made no mention of passing a psych eval. Let's not muddy the waters.

A psych eval is subjective to the person performing it anyway. So, if you think it's lawful to require me to pay for a background check and require me to pay for for a psych eval to leave it in the hands of someone who as far as I know could be anti-gun. No I don't think psych evals are a good idea. If you think people should get a psych eval to own a gun, why not to drive a car?

I don't know why you even think they are a good idea, you've already admitted to more laws on owning guns won't stop people who shouldn't have them from getting them. At this point you're arguing against yourself.