Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Deadskins

Re: Deadskins

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Throwing the football 40-50 yards down field = if it's intercepted, it's basically a punt. Plus, most of the time those are down the sideline where it'll have a good chance of landing out of bounds. We rarely throw the football deep over the middle or anywhere else over the middle for that matter. This is a low-risk offense.
    Ok this is going off topic for skins at this point and is only going to lead to the million other OC threads. See my response to NC. Criticize for passing plays saying they are low risk but then say they need to run more which is even less risky? In A passing league no less with a QB that thinks he should be paid like the top 5 or so guys out there slinging it? Again ill just have to disagree with you guys here, good debate though

Blog Entries

Re: Deadskins

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Ok this is going off topic for skins at this point and is only going to lead to the million other OC threads. See my response to NC. Criticize for passing plays saying they are low risk but then say they need to run more which is even less risky? In A passing league no less with a QB that thinks he should be paid like the top 5 or so guys out there slinging it? Again ill just have to disagree with you guys here, good debate though
    You're talking about different type of risk. I don't know if I feel like going through 5 pages to clear it up, so I'll just say this.

The type of routes we run are low-risk, high reward, but also a low chance of success.

3. Re: Deadskins

At this point in the season, a team's record means little.
    What really matters is which team is on the rise and which one is starting to slide.

Garcon, their best playmaker at WR has returned from his injury early this season.
    Suggs is probably out and even if he plays, it's highly unlikely he will be much of a factor.

What is far more likely is that Harbs will play right into Shanahan's hands just like he did to Tomlin this week and Belicheck in the playoffs last year. And Cam will continue with his SquarePegRoundHole approach which will continue to fail and wear down the confidence of our offense.

Sure there's always the possibility that the loss to Charlie Freaking Batch might have finally opened Harbs' & Cam's eyes and now they finally realize that playing it safe on offense won't cut it in this league if your defense isn't dominant anymore.

But people tend to be creatures of habits, especially proud and stubborn ones--and that description fits both Harbs and Cam.