Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Is it more likely that Bisciotti doesn't want to fire Cam because he likes a conservative offense (Cam isn't conservative. He's vanilla), or Harbaugh won't fire the guy that gave him his first football gig at Indiana?
    no doubt he's stated that winning is about possession time and converting 3rd downs. It's worked pretty well for him so it's hard to say he's wrong but you can say that's his philosophy, like it or not. Then you see some of these rookie QBs throwing the ball 50 times and winning. I just think the league has changed and continues to favor high octane offenses, not that the conservative ones can't still win their share

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    no doubt he's stated that winning is about possession time and converting 3rd downs. It's worked pretty well for him so it's hard to say he's wrong but you can say that's his philosophy, like it or not. Then you see some of these rookie QBs throwing the ball 50 times and winning. I just think the league has changed and continues to favor high octane offenses, not that the conservative ones can't still win their share
    That's great, but like I said, Cam isn't necessarily conservative. He's predictable and inconsistent. We throw deep to Torrey about 5 times a game. That's one of the lowest percentage plays in the game. We had a lead in the 4th quarter yesterday and the running back that we just signed to a huge deal didn't touch the ball.

I'm hearing a lot of talk from fans about having Bisciotti or Ozzie step in and fire Cam and Pees. I have always come from the school of thought that says that head coaches should get to choose their own coordinators, and they should live and die with those choices. Cam is going on his third season of showing absolute ineptitude. It is quite obvious that Harbaugh has no intention of firing the guy. We have an o-line coach that you could make an easy case for firing him based on performance, but sadly, you have a slam dunk reason to fire him based on behavior. Harbaugh is not capable of pulling the trigger and firing a fellow coach, and it's a problem. It is not the owner's job to do that for him, and it could be detrimental to the team for an owner to do that. Owner's have egos, and sometimes when they make the right call it goes to their heads. The death of the Orioles happened when Angelos made one good call by overriding Gillick on trading Bonilla. After that Pete thought he knew more than the baseball guys.

The bottom line is that if Harbaugh can't see, or refuses to accept, that these guys are holding the team back, then Harbaugh is actually holding the team back.
    Whatever, if we would have scored just 4 more points, give up 4 fewer, or a comibination of the two, this board would be rejoicing and singing the praises of the team while the Steelers board would be melting down asking for the dismantlement of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Do you really think Billick was going to come out and publicly say that his good friend had a drinking problem and wasn't working hard?
    Here is what Fassel is up to these days:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/sp...pagewanted=all

It says that Fassel and Billick - who were friends - have not spoken since he got fired from the Ravens. Seems like his credibility in the league is shot.

Considering that Ray Lewis can probably call a better defensive game plan and Flacco can call a better offense with a little backup from Caldwell, I'm starting to find little use for Cam or Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you seriously think they're going to fire coaches mid-season of a 9-3 team that's been to two AFCC recently? wow
    Forget it, sigh.

We just lost one game at home and obviously we need to rebuild, new coaches, new QB, new OL, new recievers, new front seven, new new new.

Blog Entries

I think that kind of input is too meddling for an owner. All the owner needs to say to Harbaugh is, "This level of play is not sufficient. Fix it!". Then you sit back and see how he reacts. Harbaugh is much more likely to blame players than coordinators. Hell, the guy gives his coordinators game balls pretty regularly.
    Mmm, if I'm the owner I don't want to hear my coach say Yessir we'll fix it right away & rush off--it he didn't already know there was a problem he'd be an idiot, & if he did & knew how to fix it he should already be implementing that. Or at least sounding me out if he's not sure I'd be OK with what he wants to do.

So maybe I'd amend the long speeh & have Bisciotti say, The team seems to be playing in an extremely risk-avoiding manner that I don't think is going to cut it against the top-flight opponents we're facing for the rest of the season. What do you suggest we do? Is opening things up & taking more chances appropriate? If not, what do we do instead?

Blog Entries

Look, it is a talented team that is run using the entire bend but do not break spectrum.

This is why Tampa Bay could not get over the hump with Dungy. It took Chuckie to boost the Buc's offense. Dungy then went to Peyton's place and built a Tampa 2 Cover defense to get the Colts over the hump.

What we have here is a head coach incapable of doing anything but riding the talent assembled. Without ownership interdiction the Raven's are fucked.

The Raven's play all season long like a team with a few kings in checkers, then when playoffs start, and everyone else start's playing chess, the Raven's coaching staff is scratching their asses saying 'King me!'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Look, it is a talented team that is run using the entire bend but do not break spectrum.
    I'm coming to the conclusion that it's really not that talented a team. Think about it--who do we have on defense? Outside of a few guys who are old, hurt, playing hurt &/or recovering, everyone else is average & the pipeline is damn near dry. Meanwhile the offense has some topnotch skill guys but is consistently hobbled by Joe's inconsistency & the entire OL's graduate studies at Famous Matadors' School.

If this team really had superior talent, it could prosper with a risk-averse approach--hell, it has prospered for the last 4 years doing that. As it stands, the avoidance of risk just means waiting around & hoping to catch a break.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I'm coming to the conclusion that it's really not that talented a team. Think about it--who do we have on defense? Outside of a few guys who are old, hurt, playing hurt &/or recovering, everyone else is average & the pipeline is damn near dry. Meanwhile the offense has some topnotch skill guys but is consistently hobbled by Joe's inconsistency & the entire OL's graduate studies at Famous Matadors' School.

If this team really had superior talent, it could prosper with a risk-averse approach--hell, it has prospered for the last 4 years doing that. As it stands, the avoidance of risk just means waiting around & hoping to catch a break.
    I agree.

Webb was the REAL talent on D, imo. Him going down for the season was worse than Suggs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Blame flacco. Check.
    Blame cam. Check.
    Blame defense. Check.
    Blame harbaugh. Check.
    Blame ozzie. Pending.
    Blame...

We lost. Theres still a season left to play and weve been in this position before and thrived. This poorly coached team with no talent happens to be the only team in the last for years to win a playoff game. Id like to think theyre doing at least something right.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Blame flacco. Check.
    Blame cam. Check.
    Blame defense. Check.
    Blame harbaugh. Check.
    Blame ozzie. Pending.
    Blame...

We lost. Theres still a season left to play and weve been in this position before and thrived. This poorly coached team with no talent happens to be the only team in the last for years to win a playoff game. Id like to think theyre doing at least something right.
    Right, lets just wait this thing out huh?

We've never had these types of issues before, Harbaugh will surely work them out! We'll never see them again!