Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

I'm hearing a lot of talk from fans about having Bisciotti or Ozzie step in and fire Cam and Pees. I have always come from the school of thought that says that head coaches should get to choose their own coordinators, and they should live and die with those choices. Cam is going on his third season of showing absolute ineptitude. It is quite obvious that Harbaugh has no intention of firing the guy. We have an o-line coach that you could make an easy case for firing him based on performance, but sadly, you have a slam dunk reason to fire him based on behavior. Harbaugh is not capable of pulling the trigger and firing a fellow coach, and it's a problem. It is not the owner's job to do that for him, and it could be detrimental to the team for an owner to do that. Owner's have egos, and sometimes when they make the right call it goes to their heads. The death of the Orioles happened when Angelos made one good call by overriding Gillick on trading Bonilla. After that Pete thought he knew more than the baseball guys.

The bottom line is that if Harbaugh can't see, or refuses to accept, that these guys are holding the team back, then Harbaugh is actually holding the team back.

Blog Entries

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of talk from fans about having Bisciotti or Ozzie step in and fire Cam and Pees. I have always come from the school of thought that says that head coaches should get to choose their own coordinators, and they should live and die with those choices. Cam is going on his third season of showing absolute ineptitude. It is quite obvious that Harbaugh has no intention of firing the guy. We have an o-line coach that you could make an easy case for firing him based on performance, but sadly, you have a slam dunk reason to fire him based on behavior. Harbaugh is not capable of pulling the trigger and firing a fellow coach, and it's a problem. It is not the owner's job to do that for him, and it could be detrimental to the team for an owner to do that. Owner's have egos, and sometimes when they make the right call it goes to their heads. The death of the Orioles happened when Angelos made one good call by overriding Gillick on trading Bonilla. After that Pete thought he knew more than the baseball guys.

The bottom line is that if Harbaugh can't see, or refuses to accept, that these guys are holding the team back, then Harbaugh is actually holding the team back.
    I have been saying this for years, but making the playoffs is enough around here according to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have been saying this for years, but making the playoffs is enough around here according to most.
    And you replace him with?

If Biscotti did step in, you wouldn't know it, because I don't think he'd put Harbaugh in the position of having a coach fired out from under him. The private message would be, "John, you need to make a change". The public message would be, "John has decided to make a change, and we support his decision".

I said it in the Fire Cam thread, and I'll say it again here...

If Harbaugh can't man up, or is too stupid or stubborn to see it and do it, then his ass can go too.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    For me I'd bring back Billick. But that would never fly with most of you so my 2nd choice would be Gruden. 3rd choice would be Mike Nolan, he built the 49er team we see today.

There's only 32 of these jobs in the world, and thousands of guys who have or are spending their entire professional lives working to become head coaches at the highest level of their sport.

Surely there's at least one guy out there somewhere that has at least a clue as to how to coach in the NFL.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    For me I'd bring back Billick. But that would never fly with most of you so my 2nd choice would be Gruden. 3rd choice would be Mike Nolan, he built the 49er team we see today.
    It doesn't matter what would "fly with us". What matters is whether Biscioti would want Billick back? I would guess no.

Blog Entries

Andy Reid is going to be out of a job, so is Norv Turner (just kidding).

But I agree with everyone else and I said it in another thread "Fish stinks from the head". Harbaugh is currently too conservative in the overall gameplan, and apparently thinks Cam is doing a good job.

The Ravens are going to be embarrased over the next four games and that will set the wheels in motion and John Harbaugh will see the light and be "quietly compelled" to make a change. Because you see - Darwin was right after all - when it comes to survival!

I freaking High School Coach calls better plays then CAM... I think Jim Caldwell may know a thing or 2.

This game and this week is just like the week Brian Billick had to fire Jim Fassel.

It is a defining moment in RAVENS history. That time is this week.

You dont think Jim Caldwell does not know CAM's playbook? I bet there are some plays in there that he nevers uses.

OH and BTW. Where the hell was the End o Round yesterday?

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The Ravens are going to be embarrased over the next four games and that will set the wheels in motion and John Harbaugh will see the light and be "quietly compelled" to make a change. Because you see - Darwin was right after all - when it comes to survival!
    I don't see the Redskins or the Bengals being able to embarrass the Ravens. However, the Broncos and the Giants games could get ugly. If Charlie Batch could do what he did to the Ravens defense, then the Mannings could both have big days, especially if Suggs has a significant injury.