Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average.
    We have 4 quality starters on the roster. The problem is two of them are out of position (Oher & Osemele) and one is on the bench (McKinney).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    We have 4 quality starters on the roster. The problem is two of them are out of position (Oher & Osemele) and one is on the bench (McKinney).
    thank you! I was all for Oher getting another crack at LT the kid works hard no doubt, but after a season and half starting there, he is not the answer he is Mckinney minus the talent on good day, Mckinney on a good day, motivated and ready to play is top 10 LT material, Mckinney on a bad day is Mike Oher on a good day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    yea moeller and cam need to be the first one fired after the season is over
    I'm on board for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm on board for that.
    I'd argue at least 90% of this board is for that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    McKinney is a quality starter? Last year he was mediocre to MAYBE above average.

Osemele hasn't proven he is a quality starter he is WAY too inconsistent (as evidenced by his overall poor Filmstudy grades). And Oher is an adequate right tackle, but again, probably right at replacement level.

I mean we had the line you wanted last year (McKinney-Grubbs-Birk-yanda-Oher) and it wasn't that pretty. Now McKinney is a year older and we have a worse LG without and somehow the line will turn into a quality unit? Sorry I don't see it. There isn't much talent there and that's a big problem.

The Moeller hire was a real head scratcher. They fired a quality guy and gave the naked drunk guy the OL job? WTF was that all about?

Blog Entries

thats all harbaugh there, I don't get that one at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    The Moeller hire was a real head scratcher. They fired a quality guy and gave the naked drunk guy the OL job? WTF was that all about?
    Yeah, I thought Harbs was all about character, he benches good players for showing up from the off season over weight, but hires a drunk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How is he getting a lot out of this team? We struggle to score 20 points when we have Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele(guard, should be), Michael Oher(RT, should be).

Hes getting next to nothing out of our offense. They are clearly fed up.

This is all Harbaughs fault. He has coasted with the talent built from the billick regime/his first draft year.

We are great offensively. We should be. Scheme, coaching - That is what is holding us back. He is what is holding Joe back. Everybody can see it besides a select few.
    Have you ever stopped to think that maybe our players just are not as good as we think they are? Of the players you noted only 3 of them could walk into any locker room in the NFL and be the starter day 1. That's Rice, Leach and Yanda.

Boldin is old and washed up. His best days are behind him and he will not be a Raven next year. Bank on it.

Pierce and Osemele have done nothing to earn being looked at as top notch talent. They are great prospects, that is it.

Torrey, Flacco and Oher are far to inconsistent to be relied on. They show flashes of greatness at times and at other times they are total non-factors. Some of that is the scheme but some of that is also the player.

For that second part I bolded bullshit. The only offensive player left from Billick's years is Marshall Yanda. Ed Reed, Suggs, Lewis and Ngata are the only other 4 players left from the Billick years. And Yanda and Ngata have played more of their careers under Harbaugh than they did under Billick. Just stop.

Glad to read a bunch of other people posting similar to how I feel. Felt kind of sad not to have the same feeling for the team and the NFL overall that I used to. I just coasted through the season last year but that passion returned in the playoffs just to get kicked in the teeth at the end of the AFCCG. No excitement for any games this year, I may as well be watching SEA @ STL every week. Burned out, maybe, still suffering from AFCCG hangover maybe. Tough to get up with our middle management aspiring head coach.

I can empathize with this, OP. It started when Cam was not fired in the offseason. It really hit fully when Ray and Lardarius went down. This was a Superbowl or Bust year and when it became clear we weren't going to the Superbowl it got hard to be as intense. Actually it probably wasn't fully clear until the "win" against San Diego that this team was very average even with a rejuvenated defense. Even still, I was thinking that since we fully expected to be in the SB the last two years and it didnt happen, maybe we sneak in this year like the Giants always do and we did in 2000. Until the Steelers game.