Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You need to read my posts more often on these boards, I have been one of the biggest Flacco supporters here before this game, and actually they were the 31st ranked passing defense last year, and the worst overall defense. I was stating facts, then you pretty much call me an idiot and showed me defensive rankings THIS year when I was talking about 2011? How can you even justify what your saying to me, none of what you are saying is backed up with anything, it's just useless cheap shot blows for no reason... Everyone is entitled to an opinion here, as long as it's not a ridiculous opinion.
    You said that you didn't trust Joe because he played great against a bad defense. Today he played average against a great defense.

It's not smart to dismiss one and not the other.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

Joe is barely on pace to break 20 touchdowns.

Hes not very good.
    Cam's offense historically isnt very productive in the red zone. Secondly, almost every season Cam has run an offense the qb has produced avg numbers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Cam is not to blame tonight. Please.

Joe was off the mark on everything. Short passes, intermediate.. and underthrew the long stuff.

You can't throw 46% in this league and expect to compete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Cam is not to blame tonight. Please.

Joe was off the mark on everything. Short passes, intermediate.. and underthrew the long stuff.

You can't throw 46% in this league and expect to compete.
    Im surprised he was able to complete that with the amount of dropped passes and receivers not getting open.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The interception was inexcusable as was the strip sack, although maybe that guy James Harrison deserves at least SOME credit for making the play.

Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.

I know we're going to hear "Ray Rice needed to get the ball more." But I am VERY tired of watching Rice run into Birk's back and flop on his face for 1 yard 8 or 9 times a game, while no-name backs from Pittsburgh bounce around and break tackles for real games. Rice is a HUGE talent and I don't think he's being coached up and utilized to his potential far too often.
    You've written a post that makes me think, "Damn, that is RIGHT ON." What I wouldn't give to see US get a back like Dwyer, OR Redman. We really could use a big, tough back when we need 2 or 3 yards. Rice is great, but he is not a battering ram.

Yes, I want Cam gone yesterday, but this team has a LOT of issues and weaknesses beyond Cam. I'm thinking only Steve B can straighten out this mess. Am I being too negative? OK, who is our 3rd string QB? Could we play our starting C at G and succeed with our backup C? Could we lose our starting RT and still have a dominant O line?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Without looking I would venture that his attempts on passes more than fifteen yards are tops in the league, or pretty close.

A lot of qb's hardly ever throw it more than ten yards.

They should be getting the ball to play makers in space. Not getting the ball to play makers 40 yards down the field when they are covered.

I think people miss this point because to them everything about the offense has to be on Flacco. I appreciated that they took deep shots and went for the endzone. But they did it every 5th play. And every route tonight was a 9. Deep throws are low percentage throws by nature. So the more you attempt them, the lower your accuracy numbers are going to be on them. This is a fact of life.

I'd be interested too how many attempts of >15 yards are too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Of course, Flacco is the only Raven held to a standard where he MUST be perfect every play regardless of how the players around him are performing.
    16-34? Come on man. I'm not a Flacco hater, nor am I particularly in love with him as a QB either, but this loss is mainly on him. The Ravens were +1 in turnovers, and would have been +3 in turnovers were it not for them having a QB who did not have the presence of mind to a) throw the ball out of bounds on a busted play when he's under pressure, and b) get rid of the ball rather than take a coverage sack. In both cases, it looked like he could have tucked the ball and run forward for a couple of yards at least.

Cameron may be a problem, and he may even be the biggest problem. But Flacco makes an awful lot of bad situational decisions as well. At least one of them (the sack/fumble) definitely contributed to the loss today.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Joe is barely on pace to break 20 touchdowns.

Hes not very good.
    No.

Stony Case was not very good.

Kyle Boller was not very good.

Scott Mitchell was not very good.

To call Joe Flacco "not very good" is an overreaction, period.

Many of us here play fantasy football, so we all know how annoying it is for a third/fourth receiver to suddenly pop up and steal touches from a team's primary options. Heck, Randall Cobb saved my butt a few times this year.

Now how many times can we say the third/fourth option for the Ravens is anywhere close to being of any value? Teams under-over cover Smith on the outside pretty much negating every route in Cams playbook. It's either deep, or it's an out. Boldin is the same way except he doesn't have the blazing speed Smith does. Sometimes we throw it to the TE but that's a rare occurrence and then it's a deep shot down the field.

Watch Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc... They'll throw the deep ball once in a while, but mostly it's hitting their playmakers on crossing routes and letting the guy make a play. We don't have that.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    16-34? Come on man. I'm not a Flacco hater, nor am I particularly in love with him as a QB either, but this loss is mainly on him. The Ravens were +1 in turnovers, and would have been +3 in turnovers were it not for them having a QB who did not have the presence of mind to a) throw the ball out of bounds on a busted play when he's under pressure, and b) get rid of the ball rather than take a coverage sack. In both cases, it looked like he could have tucked the ball and run forward for a couple of yards at least.

Cameron may be a problem, and he may even be the biggest problem. But Flacco makes an awful lot of bad situational decisions as well. At least one of them (the sack/fumble) definitely contributed to the loss today.

I think the sack/fumble was the biggest reason we loss today. We'd just killed their drive IN THE REDZONE, and Flacco gave the ball RIGHT BACK at damn near the same spot they lost it. At that moment, I knew it was over! A field goal by us there or even a 3 and out would've probably sealed the game. Pitt would've kicked another field goal, and 2 more first downs for us wins it.

Flacco really disappointed me and I wear his damn jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No.

Stony Case was not very good.

Kyle Boller was not very good.

Scott Mitchell was not very good.

To call Joe Flacco "not very good" is an overreaction, period.
    :word

Just cause the guy may never be Manning, Brady or Brees does not mean he sucks......there is a reason they call guys like that legends....like it or not there only a few of them that come every generation. Joe might be average to above average in this offense, in the right offense he could be very good
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

Flacco didnt give up 300 yards to a 3rd string QB. So, this loss being "mainly on him" is just flat out wrong.

He was a part of the loss, but at the end of the day the D got carved up by a 38 year old with a noodle arm.