Speaking on the replies about whether prayers are directed towards swaying the outcome of a game:

I know that the prayers are not directly saying, "Dear Lord, make us win today!"

The prayers are well intended usually stating how "we pray you keep both teams safe" and "allow us to play up to our abilities that you have instilled in us."

I acknowledge that I was off base there.

I greatly appreciated Coach Harbaugh's remarks about respecting his players rights to believe what they wished and to share their opinions freely. It seems backwards to me that he would then go and turn around to make a blanket statement like this.

The majority of Ravens players and coaches are probably some form of Christian. But his statement is unfair to those that aren't. It's not a huge deal but it can hurt to feel like you are an outsider because of your beliefs.

I think there are numerous types of hobbies or activities that are great to be team wide morale builders. I don't think something like religion should be one of those things.

I guess it comes down to personal preference. My preference is for our favorite team to not alienate anybody, accidental or otherwise.