Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Dean Pees is starting to grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I said all along people were in to quick a rush to label him Mattison 2.0.
    Pees' 3-man rush in the red zone seems to work a heck of a lot better than Mattison's 3-man rush ever did. QB's are just throwing the ball away or running out of bounds.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

PB-74--
    EGG-cellent!

alien--
    Cameron was starting to grow on me, but a trip to the proctologist fixed me right up! ;)

Pees and the the defense has been trending in the right direction for a while now. I think Suggs coming back was a big addition, he isn't the burst in the pass rush as usual, but is very smart and has basically shut down the run game. The addition of Ray back in December will only make them better, he wasnt the problem. The Special Teams group on both sides is also improved alot. The offense not so much.

Sorry to disturb the Pees here, but I need to play Devil's advocate for a moment....

After the bye we've played these Overall Offensive Rankings:

Cleveland - 29th
    Oakland - 15th (We played them without any running backs)
    Pitt - 19th (we played them with a backup QB)
    SD - 25th

I agree that we may have solidified some things but these teams are also ranked at the bottom half of the NFL as far as offensive performance goes, and on top of that a couple of them (the 2 of highest ranked offenses) have barely put NFL caliber players on the field at a couple key positions.

Ok, continue to Pees out.

And while I'm at it, let me post the rushing rankings of these teams... since stopping the rush was a huge problem for this D.

Clev - 26th
    Oak - 29th
    Pit - 22th
    SD - 25th

And the only pro bowl QB the 2000 Ravens faced was Mark Brunell who torched them one of the times. Gotta play who lines up across from you and since the bye, we have and we have well.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And the only pro bowl QB the 2000 Ravens faced was Mark Brunell who torched them one of the times. Gotta play who lines up across from you and since the bye, we have and we have well.
    I agree... I was just throwing that out there. I also think that many times the difference between two players is miniscule. Also (I haven't looked) there can be 5-10 teams stacked up in the middle of the pack in rankings that are only separated by a few yards per game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    And while I'm at it, let me post the rushing rankings of these teams... since stopping the rush was a huge problem for this D.

Clev - 26th
    Oak - 29th
    Pit - 22th
    SD - 25th
    Agreed, but we also allowed the Cowboys and some others to run pretty easily on us who weren't offensive juggernauts previous to this 4 game stretch. There has definitely been some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    we allowed the Cowboys and some others to run pretty easily on us who weren't offensive juggernauts
    Dallas - 32nd

I don't know what Dallas' rushing rank was when we played them but maybe when we injured DeMarco Murray that plays into their current ranking.

other opponent Rushing and (Overall) rankings now:
    KC - 4th (21)
    Cinci - 14th (13)
    NE - 6th (1)
    Phi- 9th (14)
    Hou - 5th (3)
    Dallas - 32nd (9)

Blog Entries

Yeah not gonna get excited. BUT given it's very doubtfull that you FIRE both coordinators after a 5th straight playoff berth and SB run, maybe holding a certain trophy I'll give Pees a pass if we can get rid of Cam.

BUT one of the 2 needs to go. I HATE Pees little BS defense, but I HATE Cams retarded offensive schemes more.

11. Re: Dean Pees is starting to grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah not gonna get excited. BUT given it's very doubtfull that you FIRE both coordinators after a 5th straight playoff berth and SB run, maybe holding a certain trophy I'll give Pees a pass if we can get rid of Cam.

BUT one of the 2 needs to go. I HATE Pees little BS defense, but I HATE Cams retarded offensive schemes more.
    Maybe Cam's offensive schemes will stop being so retarded if he were to follow Pees up to the booth? At least then he won't have an excuse as to why he couldn't see that the Chargers secondary were sitting on the out routes which left the middle of the field wide open--Boldin had to actually point this out to Cam in the 4th quarter. SMH

I was a big Pees critic but I've notice positive changes since he moved to the booth. The return of Suggs has been great but I'm not convinced he was the difference in this defense. Our young guys are starting to gel within this defense and are really stepping up. Pees has gotten a bit more creative and I'm noticing more blitzes which is refreshing and we have improved our run defense. I think the team has reverted back to its defensive focus since our offensive progression has proven less than stellar this season. I just don't see our offense being our strength as long as Cam runs the show. However, I have resigned myself to the fact that as long as we are making the playoffs and winning games, Cam will still have a job and we will still blow up the board with our bitch fests about him.