Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: What is Joe worth?

eleventy billion dollars

I just watched the elite Brees throw five INTs with another taken off for a defensive penalty.

Going by the fact every QB has a terrible day, I'm willing to bet the Ravens consider Joe a top 10 QB and will pay him based on that.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I just watched the elite Brees throw five INTs with another taken off for a defensive penalty.

Going by the fact every QB has a terrible day, I'm willing to bet the Ravens consider Joe a top 10 QB and will pay him based on that.
    Yup, and Joe's worst day this year was a 1 td, 2 int game. Not even close to as bad as what Brees did tonight, or Matt Ryan a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think Joe leaves Baltimore, and when all is said and done Steve and Ozzie will make it work. They know what Joe gives them, and they know he instantly makes 10 teams better. If Joe hit the market he would land with any one of these teams without even batting an eye:

Arizona Cardinals
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    St. Louis Rams
    Oakland Raiders
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Cleveland Browns
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks
    Buffalo Bills

The Ravens aren't giving up their most successful QB in franchise history just to start over again because he struggled on the road this year. No way.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Arizona and Kansas City, Joe will never make it back to Baltimore if he hits the open market. I don't want to see the team let him go but I also don't want to see the cap bogged down by his contract, like Peyton Manning's did the Colts. Joe simply isnt the guy that can carry a team on his shoulders consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Arizona and Kansas City, Joe will never make it back to Baltimore if he hits the open market. I don't want to see the team let him go but I also don't want to see the cap bogged down by his contract, like Peyton Manning's did the Colts. Joe simply isnt the guy that can carry a team on his shoulders consistently.
    There is no comparison to those two contracts though. Peyton got paid a ton, Joe won't get that.

But the alternative is to let Joe walk and then what? Who is coming in here to keep the Ravens going to the playoffs? That's the other piece to this. If the Ravens let Joe walk, who QB's this team?

7. Re: What is Joe worth?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I don't think Joe leaves Baltimore, and when all is said and done Steve and Ozzie will make it work. They know what Joe gives them, and they know he instantly makes 10 teams better. If Joe hit the market he would land with any one of these teams without even batting an eye:

Arizona Cardinals
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    St. Louis Rams
    Oakland Raiders
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Cleveland Browns
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks
    Buffalo Bills

The Ravens aren't giving up their most successful QB in franchise history just to start over again because he struggled on the road this year. No way.

Replace Titans and Seahawks with Vikings and Jets, and you're right on the money.

I wouldn't replace - I'd say add Vikings and Jets. I'd also add Dolphins.

Moot point though. There is zippy chance of Joe hitting the open market. He's going to get his deal, and it will put him among the top tier of QB's in terms of salary, whether or not a handful of fans agree with it or not.

Nah, the Dolphins have Tannyhill. That kid is looking like he might be a keeper. Luck and RGIII are having great years but Tannyhill is showing that he belongs at the QB position.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

What is a quarterback worth who has won 58 of his last 84 games - that's a 69% winning percentage. There is NO quarterback in the NFL who has won more games over the same period. If Joe were ever to hit the open market he would be snatched up in a heartbeat by any one of a number of QB deficient teams. Joe would be a Jet by the end of the first day of free agency!.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Watching Drew Brees and Matt Ryan this evening has got me thinking (which is always dangerous):

1) Is Joe a top 10 QB? top 15?
    2) If the answer to one of the questions above is "yes," does a franchise tag make any sense? (more of a rhetorical question)
    3) What do we do if we let him test the FA market, and someone is willing to pay him "above market?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Watching Drew Brees and Matt Ryan this evening has got me thinking (which is always dangerous):

1) Is Joe a top 10 QB? top 15?
    2) If the answer to one of the questions above is "yes," does a franchise tag make any sense? (more of a rhetorical question)
    3) What do we do if we let him test the FA market, and someone is willing to pay him "above market?"
    Watching Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, I saw Brees throw 5 picks and blew an opportunity to score points at the end of the first half due to horrible clock management. Then, I saw Matt Ryan throw for an ugly 165 yards and a td against a bad saints defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    There is no comparison to those two contracts though. Peyton got paid a ton, Joe won't get that.

But the alternative is to let Joe walk and then what? Who is coming in here to keep the Ravens going to the playoffs? That's the other piece to this. If the Ravens let Joe walk, who QB's this team?

I am pretty sure I said that I didn't want to see him go. The point I am making is Joe's contract is damned if you do and if you don't. If you break the bank and pay him similar to Drew Brees, which I am sure his agent is aiming for, you don't have the money to put the talent around him that he needs to succeed. If you don't pay him your without a QB. Either way your not winning.