Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm losing my faith in Joe Flacco

Not just that he seems to run his man into the ball with him instead of keeping it outside and then drifting into the ball the last second. Not saying Joe was throwing good passes, but a lot of those deep passes is a heave to a spot on the field. If Torrey keeps the route wide and drifts in at the last minute he runs right under the ball with the DB in trail off his hip (laterally) instead of in trail directly over his shoulder (horizontally). A lot of deep throws are about how the WR sets up the DB and how he drifts at the right time. Joe could have lead him across the field better and Torrey could have kept the route wide until the ball was closing and drifted under it. He is still young he will learn how to manipulate the DB's (hopefully; because it seems to be an issue all around with the Offensive coaches, I have not been impressed with the WR coach either) He should not be trying to Willie Mays catch ever deep ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    You don't realize how hard it is to perfectly place a pass 50 to 60 yards in the air. On the post routes Torrey is always trying to let the ball drop in as he runs. Sometimes he needs to out jump the DB.

Until he does this he won't be the complete weapon that he has the potential to become.
    I understand that it's difficult to throw a perfectly placed pass 50-60 yards down the field. Still the QB has to give his receiver a chance. An elite/very good QB gives his receivers a chance when they have their man beat. They don't miss multiple times in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I understand that it's difficult to throw a perfectly placed pass 50-60 yards down the field. Still the QB has to give his receiver a chance. An elite/very good QB gives his receivers a chance when they have their man beat. They don't miss multiple times in a game.
    He was far from precise but he was accurate enough to give Torrey a chance.

Tom Brady rarely takes shots downfield. Drew Brees throws down the field a good amount and he misses on occasion.

When you throw downfield as much as we did on Sunday you are bound to miss. If he completed every ball he would have thrown for like 500 yards on 30 attempts.

I think it's realistic to expect more from Joe than we saw on Sunday but I also think it's realistic to ask more of an up and coming receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He was far from precise but he was accurate enough to give Torrey a chance.

Tom Brady rarely takes shots downfield. Drew Brees throws down the field a good amount and he misses on occasion.

When you throw downfield as much as we did on Sunday you are bound to miss. If he completed every ball he would have thrown for like 500 yards on 30 attempts.

I think it's realistic to expect more from Joe than we saw on Sunday but I also think it's realistic to ask more of an up and coming receiver.
    Under throwing/over throwing passes by 5+ yards is not accurate enough to give the receiver a real chance IMO.

Obviously Joe isn't the only issue on offense. The O-line and receivers also need to do a better job. I think all 3 would benefit from a more modern offense. Hopefully we'll see that next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: The "Flacco Thread" (Merged from 5 threads)

I think I might have said this in another thread. I think Flacco does a collection of more things than any other QB well. The problem is, none of those are "signature" skills. For example, P. Manning is known for directing the offense, Brees and Rogers are known for slinging the ball with uncanny accuracy and putting up big points, E. Manning is known for being clutch, Ben R. is known for keeping the play going, etc.

It seems Flacco has good accuracy, an ability to throw the deep ball, the ability to make some big plays, he can scramble and throw as needed, etc., but none of those are his strong point. In a way, I think that is good. He is hard to plan for. And the problem is, as many here have stated I do believe, the team needs to build around him. Give him protection, provide quality receivers, and a potent running back for option plays, drop downs, etc. which we saw two weeks ago. That is what needs to happen. As long as Flacco has a decent game, the team will win if they hold up their end of the deal. That is my take anyway.

The Steeler fan chimes in and gives the most accurate, drama free, and unbiased post in the whole multiple page thread. What is this fandom coming to when we need Steeler fans to remind us of what we have?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens' offense should be better -- I think this every season, and it comes back to coaching. It's surprising Cameron has stayed there so long.
    By Gregg Rosenthal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nator-rankings

It's Flacco man. He has under achieved in this prolific Offense with a genius OC.
    Great article.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Great article.
    Frustrating seeing Bruce Arians on the top of that list. I wanted to see him as the OC here when he got fired from Pitt.

Blog Entries

Gregg Rosenthal is still a really biased Steelers fan though, or at least that's how he comes across as with some of the other topics he's posted before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Frustrating seeing Bruce Arians on the top of that list. I wanted to see him as the OC here when he got fired from Pitt.
    Me too.

I think the Ravens really screwed up by not bringing in Bruce Arians.

The guy has produced some solid offenses with a crap OL and mediocre running backs. Look what he's doing with a rookie QB and mediocre backs in Indianapolis. Furthermore, he'd have been able to give the Ravens some MAJOR insight into Dick LeBeau's defensive schemes and preparations.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Me too.

I think the Ravens really screwed up by not bringing in Bruce Arians.

The guy has produced some solid offenses with a crap OL and mediocre running backs. Look what he's doing with a rookie QB and mediocre backs in Indianapolis. Furthermore, he'd have been able to give the Ravens some MAJOR insight into Dick LeBeau's defensive schemes and preparations.

That rookie QB was the first overall pick for good reason. And Ben Roethlisberger is clearly a far better signal caller than Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Under throwing/over throwing passes by 5+ yards is not accurate enough to give the receiver a real chance IMO.
    To me it's not the over throw or under throws that's the problem, it's how or where there over throw. A lot of Flacco's deep balls have to much hang time, or he throws them up the field when he should throw it further across the field.

But knocking him for throwing off 5 yards on a 40 -55 yard throw is kinda nitpicking. I mean that's only off by 12 to 9% of the distance he's throwing, and that's IF he's off by 5 yards every time.