A good sign: Flacco's been improving on the road lately

Before the bye week, Flacco had a 55.9 passer rating on the road in 3 games, with a 1-2 record in those games. He threw 4 interceptions and had only a 50% completion percentage.

But since the bye week, he has had a passer rating of 85.1 on the road in 3 games, with a 3-0 record in those games. He threw 0 interceptions, and had over a 60% completion percentage.

Overall, in 7 games before the bye week, he had an 84.0 rating, under 60% completion percentage, and led the team to a 5-2 record. That was with 4 games at home and 3 on the road.

Overall, in 4 games since the bye week, he has had a 92.4 rating, only thrown 1 interception, and has over a 60% completion percentage, while leading the team to a 4-0 record. And that came with just 1 game at home and 3 on the road.

Re: A good sign: Flacco's been improving on the road lately

Flacco was good in the 4th quarter and overtime in San Diego. He did nothing in Pittsburgh. He was good in the first and 4th quarters in Cleveland. I am happy for the wins, but his consistancy leaves something to be desired. I would be able to enjoy my beer and nachos a lot better if the offense would come out and move the ball in the first half, take control of the game and allow the defense to play with a lead.

If the offense jumps out to a 10 -14 point lead on Sunday at home and forces the Steelers to throw the ball and become 1 dimensional, we will take the game easily.

I love the low INT numbers. Would love to see him start hitting some recievers in the endzone though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Before the bye week, Flacco had a 55.9 passer rating on the road in 3 games, with a 1-2 record in those games. He threw 4 interceptions and had only a 50% completion percentage.

But since the bye week, he has had a passer rating of 85.1 on the road in 3 games, with a 3-0 record in those games. He threw 0 interceptions, and had over a 60% completion percentage.

Overall, in 7 games before the bye week, he had an 84.0 rating, under 60% completion percentage, and led the team to a 5-2 record. That was with 4 games at home and 3 on the road.

Overall, in 4 games since the bye week, he has had a 92.4 rating, only thrown 1 interception, and has over a 60% completion percentage, while leading the team to a 4-0 record. And that came with just 1 game at home and 3 on the road.
    I think as much as people want to harp on his road performances, hes certainly improved upon them. 75.5 against Pitt might not be "world class" but that defense has made plenty of elite QBs look just as mediocre. To me thats not "nothing". Still plenty of room to get better but i would agree it seems to be trending upward.

Hes also on pace for a 4100 yd 20 td 10int season.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Kind of reminds me of 2010 (his best statistical season to date), when had a really really bad game against Cincy, ad then pretty much played through the rest of the year pretty well, but had the huge mental lapse against the Steelers in the divisional game.

Two good tests coming up.
    @WAS -- If they beat NYG this weekend and @CIN if they need to win to be in.
    I want to see continued improvement and consistency, but I don't think it will happen.
    But hey, come the wee hours of February 4th maybe we'll all be shouting "All we did was win, baby!" :hammer: