Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That's an interesting comment. So, when exactly is it that Joe is calling the shots versus when Cam is calling the shots, and how exactly do you know which is which (or, actually, when is when)?
    Isn't joe calling the shots in the no huddle? Which we ran primarily in the last minutes of the fourth quarter?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If losing our remaining games means we get rid of Cam - I WOULD TAKE THAT IN A HEARTBEAT!

You seem to think I regret saying that - you are grossly mistaken! It also doesn't mean I am not a Ravens fan. Its like cutting out a cancer that will save or at least extend your life (in this case its Joe's and the Raven's future success that are at stake). Ask the Colt fans if they regret losing all those games last year - see what kind of answer you get.

The more you restate it for me by quoting me the HAPPIER I AM - its my red badge of courage!
    Wow does everyone see this? You would fucking fire Cam at the expense of a SB run?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Isn't joe calling the shots in the no huddle? Which we ran primarily in the last minutes of the fourth quarter?
    I think it's a combination of him and the sideline. He still has that earpiece to get calls in if I'm not mistaken.

If losing our remaining games means we get rid of Cam - I WOULD TAKE THAT IN A HEARTBEAT!

You seem to think I regret saying that - you are grossly mistaken! It also doesn't mean I am not a Ravens fan. Its like cutting out a cancer that will save or at least extend your life (in this case its Joe's and the Raven's future success that are at stake). Ask the Colt fans if they regret losing all those games last year - see what kind of answer you get.

The more you restate it for me by quoting me the HAPPIER I AM - its my red badge of courage!
    Brilliant! What ravens fan would wish for the team to lose the rest of its game just to get rid of one person.

The Raven's aren't going to get anywhere near the Superbowl. You are truely DELUSIONAL!

Exactly how many 4th and 29 conversions do you think the Ravens have in their back pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow does everyone see this? You would fucking fire Cam at the expense of a SB run?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Blog Entries

The Raven's aren't going to get anywhere near the Superbowl. You are truely DELUSIONAL!

Exactly how many 4th and 29 conversions do you think the Ravens have in their back pocket?
    I hope as with the predictions others have made of "8-8" and "how does this team get to 10 wins" this prediction fails as well.

How anyone can claim with 100% certainty like this about any teams SB chances after the Packers and Giants the 05 Steelers, the Colts, the Saints, hell almost every team who won the SB since 05 who has won the SB is crazy.

Just get in the dance and you have a shot.

It's not hard to figure out why they've played more conservative lately until they have to turn it on. It's because when they do an up tempo offense - hurry up, sugar huddle or whatever you want to call it - and it's not successful, then they lose the time of possession battle badly and the defense wears down. That's your answer. By going back to a more ball control offense, even if they don't gain a lot of yards or score a bunch of points they accomplish a very important thing - they control the time of possession (or at least make it close) and keep the defense fresh.

I don't agree with that philosophy. I'm from the school of thought that if you play too conservatively (especially against an inferior opponent) you give that team a bigger chance to hang around and beat you in the end.

Regardless of what whether they run a ball control offense, sugar huddle, full hurry up or something else I just wish the coaching staff would show the ability to adjust on the fly and not stick with an uneffective gameplan until halftime. I think that's one of if not the most important jobs of a coach. As good as the coaching staff has been the last 5 years with the consecutive playoff appearances and the impressive records, the weakest part of the coaching staff is failure to make adjustments in real time on the fly.

Yeah, the Ravens will never get within 1 dropped pass of being in the Superbowl. Ever.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I am starting to think that Cam is not nearly as much to blame as Harbs. We have seen Cam try to make games a slugfest at the direction of Harbs. When the Ravens get down Harbs has to let Cam cut the offense loose and all of sudden Cam's play calling does not look too bad.
    I think you might have something here. Harbs may be the single most risk-averse coach in the NFL. Maybe that's a result of his special-teams pedigree where he's seen games change in the blink of an eye. But his entire philosophy seems to be to take no chances unless there's no alternative: Don't make avoidable mistakes but take advantage of the opponents', don't give up the big plays but play for them yourself, play grind-it-out field position in preference to a track meet.

The offense Cam's been calling is a risk-averse coach's dream: Safe runs, safe routes, safe dumpoffs, & the occasional shot down the field (which itself is pretty low risk/high reward--you don't complete a lot of them, but an incomplete doesn't lose you yardage [if Joe stays upright] & when a deep throw is picked it's normally not much worse than a punt).

The only time the offense opens up is when the team is, not just behind, but behind by a significant amount relative to the time remaining, because the risk-reward ratio changes--a loss counts the same in the standings whether it's by 1 point or by 31 points. The problem with that, of course, is that you're asking your offense to change gears pretty abruptly.

Joe wants to be a gunslinger. Harbs wants to minimize risk & the role of chance. Cam might just be the guy caught in the middle.

The Ravens aren't going to get anywhere near the Superbowl THIS season. I know that's a difficult concept for many of you to comprehend - but we are talking about THIS season.

If we have to play a game in either Houston or New England we will be run out of the stadium in short order - BECAUSE Cam will be playing his famous three and out offense - and he will be searching around for some of his 4th and 29 conversion plays.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yeah, the Ravens will never get within 1 dropped pass of being in the Superbowl. Ever.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by rharris1986; 11-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think it's a combination of him and the sideline. He still has that earpiece to get calls in if I'm not mistaken.
    Exactly. Cam is still calling in the plays, but it may be a combination of plays that allows Flacco to audible based on how the defense lines up.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

The Ravens aren't going to get anywhere near the Superbowl THIS season. I know that's a difficult concept for many of you to comprehend - but we are talking about THIS season.

If we have to play a game in either Houston or New England we will be run out of the stadium in short order - BECAUSE Cam will be playing his famous three and out offense - and he will be searching around for some of his 4th and 29 conversion plays.
    You could be right but we really have to wait and see how this is going to play out. It's still possible for the Ravens to end up with the #1 seed.