Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is INSANITY

So the Ravens dicked along for 3 quarters until (figuratively) somebody whispered into somebodys ear that they might lose the game - so they opened it up. If that's the way the Ravens are being managed it is absolutely, positively INSANE.

Go out there and open it up from the start of the game and keep it going until the final whistle blows. Don't play down to the opposition - what's the point of that.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-f52c4ed95b84

Blog Entries

Re: This is INSANITY

Oh....my.....god :grbac:

Thank you for acknowledging my presence.

But even you must be frustrated at how the offense is being managed (and I didn't even mention Cam)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh....my.....god :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging my presence.

But even you must be frustrated at how the offense is being managed (and I didn't even mention Cam)
    Until now....

I want to win. But also sure as hell do not want to have to deal with another year of CAM's inept playcalling.

Win the Superbowl but get a young OC in here.

Hell if week 17 is not important. Let Joe run the offense and see what happens.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

excuse me MOD, but go fuck yourself rharris. Can't wait till you have to eat your words AGAIN

That is all

One of two things here..

A.- They're idiots

B.- They don't trust Flacco enough on the road

I'd be open to other explanations if they make sense.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Alright, I hate the play calling as much as the next man, but is this article really saying anything?

We got into a little more of a no-huddle, up-tempo type of a deal
    They operated almost exclusively out of the shotgun and passed 79 percent of the time in the fourth quarter and overtime
    Doesn't this happen in every NFL game? A team is down by multiple scores so they go hurry up and pass a lot and have success against an opponent that is playing soft and sitting on a lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Doesn't this happen in every NFL game? A team is down by multiple scores so they go hurry up and pass a lot and have success against an opponent that is playing soft and sitting on a lead?
    Yes it does. I think our TD drive against San Diego was largely, though not entirely, a result of this.

Yes. This bothers me a little given our road struggles on offense. I'm kind of flabbergasted at Harbaugh's comment about being forced to open it up a little. That's a headscratcher. Why sleepwalk for 3 quarters and allow the inferior opponent to hang around. We've seen this before.

There's something telling about why the offense plays the way it plays on the road. Yes I get it. We are stilling winning games and that's awesome. There's got to be two underylying issues here. It's either a confidence factor or trust factor. One of these elements is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'd be open to other explanations if they make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Why sleepwalk for 3 quarters and allow the inferior opponent to hang around.
    Because this "inferior opponent" ran you out of the gym the last game when you had a much better defense and the Ravens were trying to slow it down this time and keep it close. (And yes, this goes right to "They do not trust Flacco" comment from Fanatic). Harbaugh himself said he wanted this to be an "AFC North" type of game.

Not exactly thrilled with Harbaugh's comments, either...but this is the best I got.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Because this "inferior opponent" ran you out of the gym the last game when you had a much better defense and the Ravens were trying to slow it down this time and keep it close. (And yes, this goes right to "They do not trust Flacco" comment from Fanatic). Harbaugh himself said he wanted this to be an "AFC North" type of game.

Not exactly thrilled with Harbaugh's comments, either...but this is the best I got.
    The "inferior" opponent from last year was not the same "inferior" opponent from this year. This notion of keeping it close is ridiculous and you know it.